Cubs @ Sox 3:05 CDT on FOX

shipps

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
wonder if he's going to be benched this inning

He absolutely should not be starting tomorrow. Ozzie can't make statements to the media like he did and then get made to look like a fool.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
So what good does looking him back do, if you know, you don't actually get him back?

Not only that, but he should have looked him back and then went for the force out at second. This is the worst defensive game by the Sox infield in my life time.

I seriously hate Alexei Ramirez right now.

I apologize... but this isn't just a one day rash decision.

This kid was awesome last year... but somewhere along the lines he has decided he is a superstar... and I am questioning if he is even a starter in this league anymore.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
You gotta get the runner BREAKING back to 3rd before you go to first. Worst thing then, if your not able to get the guy at first, is you now have a force at home.

A play I would do every time I could is fake the throw to first. You will get the runner every single time.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
Fix Mark's last name in the title. he's a cornerstone of the franchise for criss' sake.

i blame the typo if we lose

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
Man what a terrible play again... wonder if Oz will just keep letting Alexei make these bonehead plays or will he move him or bench his ass for a game.

I think it's good that Ozzie is finding out now, so by next year this s*** is out of his system. Ramirez is not a shortstop. Even putting aside his idiocy this week, the man has 0 range to his right. Forget it. Move along. He's not a shortstop.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
We weren't bad in '06. Same team basically except Rowand was Anderson.

Not sure what the exact numbers are (Qwerty, Kalapse probably know this right off the top of their heads), but I didn't think the defense was anywhere close to 2005 caliber in 2006. Again, I could be wrong.