Jewel

clujer420

Her music is unlistenable now. Some of you probably think it was unlistenable before, but I really liked a lot of her songs. I've thought she was hot for a few years now (ever since she sang the national anthem at the ASG in the late 90's and had the biggest cans I remember ever seeing at a baseball game), but this recent "style" change has me bothered. Used to be, I wanted to bang her, then have her sing to me. Now, I just want to bang her. What a sad turn of events.

Her music is unlistenable now.  Some of you probably think it was unlistenable before, but I really liked a lot of her songs.  I've thought she was hot for a few years now (ever since she sang the national anthem at the ASG in the late 90's and had the biggest cans I remember ever seeing at a baseball game), but this recent "style" change has me bothered.  Used to be, I wanted to bang her, then have her sing to me.  Now, I just want to bang her.  What a sad turn of events.

Turn the volume down and just imagine whatever you wish. She is TOTALLY hot......

Turn the volume down and just imagine whatever you wish.  She is TOTALLY hot......

Problem is that I don't watch MTV so the only time I hear her music is on the radio. And unfortunately, there is no visual support that is DESPERATELY needed.

She's definitely turned into the hip hop diva stuff to cater to the type of music that sells on mtv now. Seeing her last video is a perfect example of that.

And i agree, her mellow stuff before wasn't bad

When i first heard the intuition song, i was like wait, this is Jewel? :huh:

She's definitely turned into the hip hop diva stuff to cater to the type of music that sells on mtv now. Seeing her last video is a perfect example of that.

To cater to that crowd, yes, but I think part of it was "I'll show you that there's more than Britney and Christina", and I've gotta say that out of the 3, I'd take Jewel.

To cater to that crowd, yes, but I think part of it was "I'll show you that there's more than Britney and Christina", and I've gotta say that out of the 3, I'd take Jewel.

Ya, that's what i mean. Britney and Christina sell....so she's following their lead

Ya, that's what i mean. Britney and Christina sell....so she's following their lead

I wasn't very clear on that last post. What I meant to say was that when people thought of hot singers, Jewel never really came to mind. It was always Britney and Christina. Jewel was always hot, she just never dressed like a hooker. I think the lack of "respect" got to her, and perhaps dwindling record sales as well?

I wasn't very clear on that last post. What I meant to say was that when people thought of hot singers, Jewel never really came to mind. It was always Britney and Christina. Jewel was always hot, she just never dressed like a hooker. I think the lack of "respect" got to her, and perhaps dwindling record sales as well?

Id take jewel over those two in any question you could pretty much ask me. Well other than who i like to send to a desserted island or something.

Exactly. "Hookers" dancing around sell. I put hookers in quotes because it's how they dress obviously, nothing else.

You have to adapt and change based on what the public wants.

I am certainly not a huge fan of any of them, but i did kind of forget about Jewel for a while, just because you don't see her/hear her on mtv, etc.

Now she's back, at least somewhat. People have noticed. That's what you need as an "artist."

Exactly. "Hookers" dancing around sell. I put hookers in quotes because it's how they dress obviously, nothing else.

How about slutty?

And Jewel definately is fine. But after hearing that intuition song about 15 times, I got sick and f***ing tired of it. The mute button can be beautiful at times.