Billy Mays dead

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
LET'S ALL COMMEMORATE HIS PASSING BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

f*** CAPS dude.. I am Anti CAPS.

He had a rough landing on a Tampa flight before he died and some things hit him in the head. He didnt get it checked out and I bet he died of a brain bleed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
This hit me harder than Michael Jackson's passing. Honestly.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
Same here. RIP Billy.

Ditto. I always loved hearing his commercials and I was/am a HUGE fan of Pitchmen. RIP Billy.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Sad, sad news.

But, on the plus side. . . if the family acts now and buys one casket at regular price, the funeral home will send them a second casket absolutely free!

:unsure:

Guaranteed to keep your loved one farm fresh?

• 1 month later...

Coke.

An autopsy report issued Friday by Hillsborough County, Florida, cites cocaine as a contributing factor in the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays, who died last month at age 50.

"Hays died from a lethal arrhythmia of the heart caused by hypertensive and arteriosclerotic heart disease," the county said in a statement attributed to Dr. Leszek Chrostowski, the associate medical examiner who conducted the autopsy.

"He further concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and therefore contributed to his death," it added.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
My God. How annoying would he be when he was on coke?

How often did he mix up his stash with oxyclean?

We probably saw the coked-up Mays regularly.

I heard a couple podcast interviews where Mays sounded weird, down.

He probably wasn't on the stuff then.

Cocaine wasnt the cause of death, only a contributing factor according to the autopsy report, he was also found to be on a few hypertension and anxiety drugs. And he was to have hip replacement surgery the day after he was found dead, so he was on hydrocodone and oxycodone.

Cocaine was part of it, but not the sole reason he died.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...0,3779585.story

The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release.

The office said Mays last used cocaine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use.

Cocaine can raise the arterial blood pressure, directly cause thickening of the left wall of the ventricle and accelerate the formation of atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries, the release said.

The toxicology tests also showed therapeutic amounts of painkillers hydrocodone, oxycodone, as well as anti-anxiety drugs alprazolam and diazepam. Mays had suffered hip problems and was scheduled for hip-replacement surgery the day after he was found dead.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:11 AM)
Cocaine wasnt the cause of death, only a contributing factor according to the autopsy report, he was also found to be on a few hypertension and anxiety drugs. And he was to have hip replacement surgery the day after he was found dead, so he was on hydrocodone and oxycodone.

Cocaine was part of it, but not the sole reason he died.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...0,3779585.story

i'm not an expert yet but i would imagine it can't be good for you to have a heart condition and be on coumadin, zoloft, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and cocaine all at once

Edited by daa84