(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Pihos, the only Indiana Hoosier football player to twice be selected to the All-American team, and the only one to be elected the Hall of Fame, died at 87 after battling Alzheimer's.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=15085

Sidenote: Without looking it up, I'm assuming he's not the only one in the Hall of Fame...Taliaferro was the first black player in the NFL and is probably in the Hall of Fame, right?

Jerry Leiber died. He was 78. Leiber, with his songwriting partner Mike Stoller, wrote "Yakety Yak", Jailhouse Rock", "On Broadway", "Hound Dog", "Charlie Brown", "Kansas City", "Poison Ivy" and countless other early rock and roll classics.

Also... am I the only person who clicks on this thread almost excited to see who died? Then I find out most of the time I have no idea who it is so I need not bother tweeting or posting something about it?

How f***ed up is that?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Also... am I the only person who clicks on this thread almost excited to see who died? Then I find out most of the time I have no idea who it is so I need not bother tweeting or posting something about it?

How f***ed up is that?

Nope, I'm right there with you. Morbid, ain't it?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)

How f***ed up is that?

When I see it's near the top I definitely get that feeling too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
This happened over a month ago, but I only just stumbled on it. Tom Aldredge passed away. He was one of my favorite character actors. He was in a ton of stuff, most notably recently as Carmela's father on the Sopranos and Nucky's father on Boardwalk Empire.

Darn. I liked him too.

• 2 weeks later...