(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Marvin Hamlisch, who has died aged 68, composed the scores for dozens of films, among them The Sting, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Way We Were and Sophie’s Choice, as well as Broadway shows including A Chorus Line; he won three Oscars, four Emmys, a Tony and even a Pulitzer Prize (for the score of A Chorus Line).

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Marvin Hamlisch, who has died aged 68, composed the scores for dozens of films, among them The Sting, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Way We Were and Sophie’s Choice, as well as Broadway shows including A Chorus Line; he won three Oscars, four Emmys, a Tony and even a Pulitzer Prize (for the score of A Chorus Line).

he was an EGOT-er

Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony.

Not too shabby.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Apparently Scott had inoperable brain cancer.

Yeah. The rotten part is that he had two sons (twins, 12 years old).

True Romance- outstanding, probably top 5, but definitely top 10 for me if I had to come up with a list. The Walken/Hopper scene is among my favorites in a movie. Every time I hear the name Floyd- which as a Sox fan is often- I think of Brad Pitt smoked out of his mind talking to James Gandolfini.

If I were him, I'd be pissed off that all of the obits mention Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop II before True Romance. I'd see what I could do about coming back and haunting whoever was responsible for writing it like that. And their family too.

Oh,

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

They really do come in threes. Just today: Tony Scott; Phyllis Diller; Todd Akin's Senate chances.

Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, and Farrah Fawcett all died within a couple days of each other in June 2009, but then as a special one-time TV offer, Billy Mays threw in the 4th one for free.