(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Reg Presley lead singer of The Troggs ("Wild Thing") died of cancer. He was 71.

The Troggs were one of my favorite bands back in the day. They did a lot more good stuff besides "Wild Thing". Some friends and I formed a garage band in the summer of 1966, when "Wild Thing" came out and that was one song of about a dozen songs we could play. We weren't that good. Anyway, Reg Presley was a hero. RIP.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
Reg Presley lead singer of The Troggs ("Wild Thing") died of cancer. He was 71.

The Troggs were one of my favorite bands back in the day. They did a lot more good stuff besides "Wild Thing". Some friends and I formed a garage band in the summer of 1966, when "Wild Thing" came out and that was one song of about a dozen songs we could play. We weren't that good. Anyway, Reg Presley was a hero. RIP.

Also a big Troggs fan and sad to hear of Reg Presley's passing. "With a Girl Like You," "Jingle Jangle," and "Love is All Around" were great songs from the early years. Even into the mid-70s they were doing interesting stuff like "Summertime" and they also did a cool cover of "Good Vibrations"

I like the summertime, when the girls wear their dresses so low you can see the sun on their ti. . . ti. . . ti. . . ti. . ti. ti. . . tan skin. . .

Pretty risque stuff when I discovered it when I was in 8th grade. :D

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)

She have troubled past? Feel I have heard the name before. Nt familiar with her music

Never mind, Wikipedia reminded me she had rumored affair with Clemens while underage. Lots of trauma in her past. Sad

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
She have troubled past? Feel I have heard the name before. Nt familiar with her music

Never mind, Wikipedia reminded me she had rumored affair with Clemens while underage. Lots of trauma in her past. Sad

Yea she had multiple suicide attempts as well as multiple times in rehab

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)

Wow, the name was familiar to me as well. Almost forgot about that. Shame that things got to a point (I'm assuming) for her that she felt this was the way to go.

Bill Moody, better known as Paul Bearer...or those of us old enough, Percy Pringle.

I just saw him at a wrestling show less than two weeks ago. He wasn't looking great, but I didn't expect him to die any time soon.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Not Beiber, but still a musician. Alvin Lee, front man for Ten Years After and Woodstock fame, dead at 68.

CNN story here.

wow didnt know that he passed. Saw him on TV about a year ago and still played well. Very unique sound out of his guitar. When you heard it you knew it was him.