(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
Why the hell is his death making national news? They had one hit! 20 years ago! Don't producers stop and think about covering the story when the ONLY footage they have is from the time the person was 13 years old?

I got a Breaking News alert from CNN last night about him dying.

Breaking news? I think you can just submit a regular article for that. It's really not a huge deal.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
What SS2k5 said is spot on for about 90% of it. Heck, you can hear the Lumineers and Mumford & Sons on country radio these days. But give Church and a few others a chance. They're legit.

I tried this awhile ago. This is just the same old "old people" "everything new today stinks" conversation. Move along. There are plenty of fantastic country performers right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
Why the hell is his death making national news? They had one hit! 20 years ago! Don't producers stop and think about covering the story when the ONLY footage they have is from the time the person was 13 years old?

Cuz it's wiggity wiggity wiggity wack.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)

I'm happy I was informed. I needed the closure.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Ray Harryhausen, legendary special effects creator known for movies like Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans(the original)

RIP. Big Harryhausen fan growing up.

Was it Morrison or Manzarek that named the group?

I remember the quote being from William Blake, about "once the doors of perception are removed...yadda yadda"

Have to get my copy of my favorite high school book of all-time and look it up...the Morrison biography that was turned into The Doors movie by Oliver Stone (and gave us Meg Ryan's first nude scene).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
Was it Morrison or Manzarek that named the group?

I remember the quote being from William Blake, about "once the doors of perception are removed...yadda yadda"

Have to get my copy of my favorite high school book of all-time and look it up...the Morrison biography that was turned into The Doors movie by Oliver Stone (and gave us Meg Ryan's first nude scene).

If you want to be technical, I think they got the name from the Huxley's Doors of Perception, the title of which Huxley took from Blake.

• 2 weeks later...