Going to my 1st road game

Jim Spencer

I've got tickets to tomorrows game in Cleveland. Right now the weather forcast is 50% rain . I really hope I don't have to drive over 5 hours to sit in the rain :pray

This is my 1st time going to Cleveland and it looks like the directions I have are pretty easy to follow. Has anybody been to Progressive Field and how easy is it to get to from I90?

QUOTE (Jim Spencer @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
I've got tickets to tomorrows game in Cleveland. Right now the weather forcast is 50% rain . I really hope I don't have to drive over 5 hours to sit in the rain :pray

This is my 1st time going to Cleveland and it looks like the directions I have are pretty easy to follow. Has anybody been to Progressive Field and how easy is it to get to from I90?

Its very easy. It is also a great place to see a game. Where are you sitting?

Yea, the exit is like right off I90 and very easy to get back on. I filled up on some bad gas a few blocks from the stadium last year and had to deal with engine trouble all the way home. This was after Cliff Lee shut us out for his 20th win and Quentin punched his bat. A long night but seeing the Sox is always worth it.

I'm heading to the Metrodome with my Twinkie fan Dad and Aunt in a few weeks here. Not sure which game(s) yet.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
I'm heading to the Metrodome with my Twinkie fan Dad and Aunt in a few weeks here. Not sure which game(s) yet.

The Metrodome is by far the worst place to watch a baseball game be played, not to mention we tend to not do so hot up there either. It will be good next year when the Twins will actually play in a stadium designed for baseball and I look forward to going to game up there again.

I've also been to Detroit and Milwaukee (County Stadium and Miller Park) to see the Sox play and it is always awesome to go into an opponents park and hopefully get a win and in most cases enjoy some verbal jabbing with the locals. When we went to Detroit it was the same week that Ben Wallace signed with the Bulls and my buddy and I were giving it to the Detroit fans about how this was gonna put us over the top. Boy did that backfire.

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
have been there twice, be carefull. Indians fans are assholes and prics and still think its 1997 and still have the best team in MLB and have sold out every game

I've seen the Knights on the road in Toledo, Columbus, Louisville and Indianapolis and the fans were really cool towards us. But that was Minor League ball. Hopefully there's only 20,000 fans there and Gavin shuts down the Indians :headbang

one thing you don't have to worry about is seeing any good-looking women in Cleveland. I've seen numerous Sox games there over the years. Cleveland has to be a the top of the list for ugliest women unless you think Rosie O'donnel is hot because what they all look like.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
The Metrodome is by far the worst place to watch a baseball game be played, not to mention we tend to not do so hot up there either. It will be good next year when the Twins will actually play in a stadium designed for baseball and I look forward to going to game up there again.

I've also been to Detroit and Milwaukee (County Stadium and Miller Park) to see the Sox play and it is always awesome to go into an opponents park and hopefully get a win and in most cases enjoy some verbal jabbing with the locals. When we went to Detroit it was the same week that Ben Wallace signed with the Bulls and my buddy and I were giving it to the Detroit fans about how this was gonna put us over the top. Boy did that backfire.

The Ballpark at Arlington is the absolute worst. They try to be all things...new, old, cool. And succeed at none of those. Yuck.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
I went to a game in Anaheim several weeks back. We won. BUt man I've never seen a stadium with less character.

you mean the whole Flintstones thing in CF wasn't working for you?

One good thing about Anaheim is that it's a very family friendly ballpark.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
Oh and a bit of friendly advice in Cleveland. Do NOT jaywalk. They take that type of stuff seriously, unlike Chicago.

One thing I found odd/refreshing while visiting Seattle was that drivers would stop for me to let me cross an intersection, even though they didn't have a stop sign.

Had a great time at the game last night. The Indian fans were pretty cool eventhough they are pretty angry with the way their team has been playing this season. They really are pissed about the Larosa trade, especially with the way Perez pitched last night.

We paid $12 to park and it was pretty neat being able to watch both teams take batting practice. They let you in the park 2 1/2 hours before the game, but you have to stay in the right field seats until 1 hour before the game. We got 4 balls, even my wife caught one ( it bounced right into her lap :D ) Danks threw us a ball and so did Castro. I gave Castro's ball to this boy wearing a Garland shirt.

I like thier field and I would go back again.

win2.jpg