Future makeup of starting rotation

chisoxfan09

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
Since the idea has already been floated, how much might it cost in terms of prospects to get Rios and Halladay from the Blue Jays? Can someone give me a sample package?

Well, two ways to look at it...we unload salary directly for Rios (it would have to be a Konerko type that has some value to the Jays) or we actually give up a little less to take on Rios WITH Halladay precisely because of that contract.

Rios has a lot more value to us if he can play CF for us, but that's a 50/50 proposition. Long-term, he's a corner OF, although his power has been WAY down.

Let's say we didn't give them Konerko to help offset taking on the contract of Rios?

It would be an enormous deal, and I don't think they'd do it without bringing Beckham or Ramirez over to play SS.

Probably

Ramirez

Tyler Flowers

Poreda and/or Richard

Fields/Anderson/Getz/NIx and Nunez/Santeliz/Omogrosso (pick one or two)

Allen/Shelby III (hopefully ONLY one)

Unlikely to see Jordan Danks, Viciedo and certainly Mitchell going anywhere.

1. Halladay

2. Buehrle

3. Danks

4. Floyd

5. Chapman

That would be the best rotation, potential-wise, in recent baseball history. Chapman could end up the best of the group in the end from everything reported, although I am skeptical that Halladay's career could be topped.

Edited by caulfield12

Question...

could part of Jose Contreras resurgence this year be because we have a spanish (Castro speaks both english and spanish) speaking catcher behind the plate? Do you think this helps with the pitcher-catcher chemistry/communication?

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
Question...

could part of Jose Contreras resurgence this year be because we have a spanish (Castro speaks both english and spanish) speaking catcher behind the plate? Do you think this helps with the pitcher-catcher chemistry/communication?

Not really.

AJ's response to this topic was "look at 2nd half 2005/first half 2006 and then first half of 2008" and who was his catcher that entire time?

I think the Spanish angle might be a bit too simplistic...but hey, if it works, why "fix" what isn't broken?