Charlotte vs Durham 7/2

NCsoxfan

Just got back from the game in Durham, I left during the rain delay in the 7th.

Except for Brandon Allen, the whole team was atrocious. Marquez was absolutely shelled. Lillibridge and Betemit had a handful of errors between the two of them, and each had a base running blunder.

Allen went 1-3. His first at bat, facing Sonnanstine, he took a few pitches very nicely and lined a shot right up to the right field wall. His second at bat he took an outside fastball off the left field wall for a double. It was a great at bat, as he didn't try to do too much but showed great opposite field power. It was very impressive. His third at bat, facing Jorge Julio, he whiffed on a 94mph fastball and struckout on a change.

What I was MOST surprised with was his athleticism at 1B. He ran down a popup in foul territory down the line with an over the shoulder catch. He had to look straight back into the sun, but pulled it off rather athletically. It showed how great his hands are. I don't know a ton about his background, but the kid looks like a great athlete.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Just got back from the game in Durham, I left during the rain delay in the 7th.

Except for Brandon Allen, the whole team was atrocious. Marquez was absolutely shelled. Lillibridge and Betemit had a handful of errors between the two of them, and each had a base running blunder.

Allen went 1-3. His first at bat, facing Sonnanstine, he took a few pitches very nicely and lined a shot right up to the right field wall. His second at bat he took an outside fastball off the left field wall for a double. It was a great at bat, as he didn't try to do too much but showed great opposite field power. It was very impressive. His third at bat, facing Jorge Julio, he whiffed on a 94mph fastball and struckout on a change.

What I was MOST surprised with was his athleticism at 1B. He ran down a popup in foul territory down the line with an over the shoulder catch. He had to look straight back into the sun, but pulled it off rather athletically. It showed how great his hands are. I don't know a ton about his background, but the kid looks like a great athlete.

Brandon rarely goes the other way, so I hope he's working on that. He can do the splits pretty good too.