6/29 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland

knightni

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 12:54 AM)
hyperbole

Two worst calls I've ever seen are Crede's 3 run homer called foul at Baltimore in 2003/2004, and the non-called 3rd on Milton Bradley with Joe Nathan pitching this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
WHEW!

Dammit, Alexei.

You need to spend 1 hour per day working on soft liners hit at you, over your head and on one hop...that call reversal might end up being the play of the game, as Garko always seems to kill us.

seriously....shoulda been out of the inning. Terrible effort by Lexi...

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
Ozzie doesn't deserve any credit for that. Gavin has been cruising all game, at around 80 pitches, and has shown time and time again that he might the best pitcher in huge situations like that. No one should have even been up in the pen.

(Not blasting Ozzie at all, just saying it really wasn't even a debate).

Two walks and a single after two were out. I'm sure it crossed his mind.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
Ozzie doesn't deserve any credit for that. Gavin has been cruising all game, at around 80 pitches, and has shown time and time again that he might the best pitcher in huge situations like that. No one should have even been up in the pen.

(Not blasting Ozzie at all, just saying it really wasn't even a debate).

Isn't it crazy how often Gavin gets bases loaded against him in the 6th or 7th inning? I recall about 5 showdowns in those situations already this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:53 PM)
Why does Eric Wedge have a job?

We should thank our lucky stars that they do have Wedge as manager.

As an Indians' fan, it must be a shame to only have the 2007 meltdown to show for all that talent on the roster this decade under him.

They don't pull the bag after the game for a guy after his first steal, do they??? Those things aren't cheap...maybe he has the option for the club to buy it for him. Not that he doesn't have the pocket change personally to afford it!!!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Isn't it crazy how often Gavin gets bases loaded against him in the 6th or 7th inning? I recall about 5 showdowns in those situations already this year.

Well, that was Alexei's fault 90%, even though it wasn't an error.

It seems he has actually pitched much better this season (especially recently) with runners on base than last year. He had absolutely a ton of unearned runs last year...although there was one situation (maybe it was DET?) where about 3 runs scored against him and they DEFINITELY should have been unearned.

2008 was Floyd/Danks, this, so far, looks like the year of Porcello/Jackson emerging and Verlander "re-emerging." But the Sox might be able to hang in there because of their pitching, which is so much better than 2007.

I really can't believe earlier in the season that I was talking about putting Floyd on waivers and exposing him to any other team in baseball to claim his contract...have to give kudos to Gavin and Coop here. There couldn't have been a pitcher who was more lost earlier in the season, and now he's going to have two strong seasons to reinforce his confidence and cause him to finally believe 100% he belongs in the big leagues.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
I really can't believe earlier in the season that I was talking about putting Floyd on waivers and exposing him to any other team in baseball to claim his contract..

I, too, cannot believe you were talking about that

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
What do they shoot off to clear out the Lake Erie mosquitoes? Old Municipal Stadium, right on the lake, used to be horrible for bugs/insects.

Copies of Major Leage III: Back to the Minors

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
It's to clear the birds off the field. They shoot them off every half inning.

Yeah, when I was in Milwaukee there seemed to be a couple of explosions between innings. Someone told me it was to clear the birds.