Beckham pic

whitesoxbrian

I've noticed that we don't have the All-Sox thread thing anymore so I decided to post it here. I figured I had to since we're all so concerned with our best minor league prospect since Thomas and with his walk-up music. Move it if you need to.

beckham2.jpg

Edited by whitesoxbrian

I've been away lately, and feel like I'm missing out on an inside joke. Can I assume that Beckham's walk-up music is that old song by The Outfield? If so, is there a particular story behind that, perhaps one in keeping with his "Slayer" nickname? Thanks

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
I've been away lately, and feel like I'm missing out on an inside joke. Can I assume that Beckham's walk-up music is that old song by The Outfield? If so, is there a particular story behind that, perhaps one in keeping with his "Slayer" nickname? Thanks

Says he digs the song...and that the honey's would finish the verse/chorus when he stepped in the box, they would play it at bars he went to. I'm sure he owes a good amount of "action" he's gotten to The Outfield.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Says he digs the song...and that the honey's would finish the verse/chorus when he stepped in the box, they would play it at bars he went to. I'm sure he owes a good amount of "action" he's gotten to The Outfield.

Thanks. If he keeps winning games like Saturday, maybe I'll have to change my name to PlaySumFnOutfield.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Tyler Flowers has been using it since Beckham got promoted, and it's getting to the point where a large amount of people are singing it when it plays.

That would be awesome if that feat could be repeated at the Cell as the summer continues and Beckham keeps on hitting....