White Sox Winner

kev211

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dotel and Thornton got way too carried away in that 9th inning.

Nevertheless, Floyd was on the spot tonight and the offense really made Chris Perez pay for f***ing with Alexei and JD.

The bad news: We still haven't hit Carl Pavano well enough yet.

Edited by chw42

Nice. We get good starting pitching like this and get another bat going in Beckham and Lexi of late and we surge to .500.

We had too many automatic outs before.

Let's keep winning. Great start to a series. Usually we lose the first one then play good ball.

Was Dotel throwing meat in there since we had the lead or ? He gave up two dingers right? I didn't see it on tv.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Nice. We get good starting pitching like this and get another bat going in Beckham and Lexi of late and we surge to .500.

We had too many automatic outs before.

Let's keep winning. Great start to a series. Usually we lose the first one then play good ball.

Was Dotel throwing meat in there since we had the lead or ? He gave up two dingers right? I didn't see it on tv.

one on a 2 run homer, thornton's was the other run of the two

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
I haven't felt this excited about our team in a long time this season.

I'm still not getting that excited right now they've put together a little winning streak before and then crumbled during that long homestand

Has there been a better pitcher in baseball since May 22nd than Gavin Floyd? John Danks has been as close to unhittable as it gets his last 4 starts. Mark Buehrle is Mark Buehrle. I can't think of a better 3-some in the game right now than those three.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
Has there been a better pitcher in baseball since May 22nd than Gavin Floyd? John Danks has been as close to unhittable as it gets his last 4 starts. Mark Buehrle is Mark Buehrle. I can't think of a better 3-some in the game right now than those three.

Floyd has the 5th best ERA in the bigs in MLB in June, 1.56. Ahead of him are: Beckett, Fernando Nieve (yes, THE Fernando Nieve), Kevin Millwood, and King Felix, who's put up a sparkling 0.94 ERA in June. (Edit; numbers probably not updated for tonight)

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
Better than danks yes, better than gavin no way.

In June

Verlander 2-1 2.91 era

Floyd - 3-0 1.30 era

Better than Danks? Seriously?

Verlander: 34 IP, 2.91 ERA, 30 hits, 14 walks, 34 k's

Danks: 34 IP, 2.91 ERA, 23 hits, 10 walks, 30 k's.

The only difference is Danks is 2-3 in his last 5 while Verlander is 2-1. ERA's, IP, runs identical, Danks with a lower WHIP, Verlander with a couple more K's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Floyd has the 5th best ERA in the bigs in MLB in June, 1.56. Ahead of him are: Beckett, Fernando Nieve (yes, THE Fernando Nieve), Kevin Millwood, and King Felix, who's put up a sparkling 0.94 ERA in June. (Edit; numbers probably not updated for tonight)

Totally forgot about Felix. Jon Lester has been pretty damn dominating as well. But the point stands...Gavin has been simply magnificent since May 22nd.

Edited by Jordan4life