Giants like Dye?

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
The only way the Sox make a move like this is if they are buying someone else or getting something that helps them now and in the future.

They would have to get at least one of the Giants big named starting pitchers for this to happen. The Sox are dealing from strength right now with their play as of late, and don't need to make a deal. Think of what a guy like Sabathia was worth last year, and go off of that.

They would have to get at least one of the Giants big named starting pitchers for this to happen. The Sox are dealing from strength right now with their play as of late, and don't need to make a deal. Think of what a guy like Sabathia was worth last year, and go off of that.

Southsider, I would trade JD for Matt Cain straight up. Not gonna happen but what the heck. May even throw in a AA prospect for SF. Pitcher that is. They can have Omogrosso (AAA).

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Southsider, I would trade JD for Matt Cain straight up. Not gonna happen but what the heck. May even throw in a AA prospect for SF. Pitcher that is. They can have Omogrosso (AAA).

If SF would do that it probably would have already happened.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)

No way. A deal would have to more along the lines of Richard, JD and + for Cain. But Cain isn't likely going anywhere.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
Let's say that JD is dealt. What does our outfield look like? This season and next. I dont see us going into our minor leagues as we dont really have anyone ready to play RF.

Which is why it's dumb to trade Dye. We won't be getting our money's worth by trading our current and future number 3 hitter. He still has to be part of future plans, whether it's in right or DH.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
Let's say that JD is dealt. What does our outfield look like? This season and next. I dont see us going into our minor leagues as we dont really have anyone ready to play RF.

If Quentin is healthy, he'd play RF. That is his natural position. Then Pods stays in LF. Next year, anyway, the sox could sign Figgins to play CF or LF.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)

Depends on what JD is dealt for. You bring back a starting pitcher and suddenly Poreda/Richard become a lot more expendable. We also save a good chunk of money. A trade for Holliday becomes entirely reasonable before the deadline, and I'd imagine Oakland would take either of those guys for him right now if we paid the rest of his salary. Signing Holliday next offseason would work too. Josh Fields could be a legit outfield option right now if he can hit like he has the past week. Making a play for a 1 year rental, like Abreu, is plausible next offseason. Chone Figgins is available next offseason and you have to expect he's an option for the Sox. Podsednik on one corner, Q on the other, and a platoon in CF is passable if you get a good enough pitcher.

This, of course, is why we're saying we're not sellers right now unless some other team offers the moon. Because its silly to screw with a team that is 4 games out at this point in the season.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)

A deal where the Sox got Cain would be huge. They would have to give up a whole lot more than Dye though. My guess is it would have to be a 3 team deal where the sox gave up some prospects to help the Giants get another piece they'd want. The Sox would than have to swing a deal for a good OF bat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
Depends on what JD is dealt for. You bring back a starting pitcher and suddenly Poreda/Richard become a lot more expendable. We also save a good chunk of money. A trade for Holliday becomes entirely reasonable before the deadline, and I'd imagine Oakland would take either of those guys for him right now if we paid the rest of his salary. Signing Holliday next offseason would work too. Josh Fields could be a legit outfield option right now if he can hit like he has the past week. Making a play for a 1 year rental, like Abreu, is plausible next offseason. Chone Figgins is available next offseason and you have to expect he's an option for the Sox. Podsednik on one corner, Q on the other, and a platoon in CF is passable if you get a good enough pitcher.

This, of course, is why we're saying we're not sellers right now unless some other team offers the moon. Because its silly to screw with a team that is 4 games out at this point in the season.

Josh fields is NOT an OF option.

Not looking at who is getting increases, I believe we have about 41 million off the books this season with the Colon, Count, Dotel, Dye, and Thome contracts expiring. Would love to see Dye get signed somewhere around 2 years, 16 million. Dotel I would like brought back too, and pick up a team option for Pods that we hopefully put in there in the ballpark of about 3 million. Try and get O-Dog for 5 million and I love the line-up.

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Dye, RF/DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Quentin, LF

6. AJP, C

7. Beckham, 3b

8. Hudson, 2B

9. Fields/Viciedo/Allen/Someone else, RF/DH

Not a bad start for a team that would still have plenty of money to spend. We'd be delaying the youth movement by keeping the band back together for one more run, but whatever. Lots of righties too in the middle there but I don't really mind.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Not looking at who is getting increases, I believe we have about 41 million off the books this season with the Colon, Count, Dotel, Dye, and Thome contracts expiring. Would love to see Dye get signed somewhere around 2 years, 16 million. Dotel I would like brought back too, and pick up a team option for Pods that we hopefully put in there in the ballpark of about 3 million. Try and get O-Dog for 5 million and I love the line-up.

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Dye, RF/DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Quentin, LF

6. AJP, C

7. Beckham, 3b

8. Hudson, 2B

9. Fields/Viciedo/Allen/Someone else, RF/DH

Not a bad start for a team that would still have plenty of money to spend. We'd be delaying the youth movement by keeping the band back together for one more run, but whatever. Lots of righties too in the middle there but I don't really mind.

I know that the two hole gives Ramierz alot of fastballs, but I would put Hudson their in your proposal. Then move AJ to 7/8th, and put Ramirez 6th. If Quentin shows he is close to 2008 form, you obviously move him up. Depending on the progress of Beckham, you can move him keep him at 7th or move him to 8th. A really strong lineup there though.

But, will O-Dog really only cost 5 mill? He was more than that this year and he is hitting really well.

3.4 is his base this year with a ridiculous incentive laden contract; he can make up to 8. Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to tell who is going to get what after last off-season. Winning the division would be huge for payroll too. You can only add to payroll after back-to-back titles I would think.