Jordan4life

T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
I am interested to know how you went from 230 lbs to 155 lbs

I'll start with my diet. I eliminated red meats, fried foods and fast foods. All the typical fattening junk food (I used to scarf entire bags of Doritos). I cut out pop, kool-aid (I used to drink a s***load of kool-aid), chocolate milk. I started off with meal-replacement protein shakes (Whey protein). 1 for breakfast and lunch every day. Instead of snacking on fattening, high calorie junk like the aforementioned Doritos, I went with stuff like fruit, raisins, fiber one bars (rex gets the credit for that. I had never heard of them until he told me about them), whole grain cereals and whole grain crackers. For dinner I typically go with any combination of baked or broiled chicken, turkey, fish or tuna. I eat a huge salad loaded with just about every veggie you can think of with dinner every night. I also try to include one other veggie like green beans or broccoli. Only kinda bread I eat is whole-wheat or whole-grain. I have a sweet tooth like everybody else. So instead of eating two or three pieces of chocolate cake like i used to, I go with the weightwatchers versions of cookies, brownies or muffins (and even with these you have to be careful. eat too many at once and you defeat the purpose).

I drink a TON of water every day. No exaggeration. I think I take in more water than most sea animals. I limit myself to one gatorade or powerade a day. They're obviously much better for you than pop. But they still have quite a bit of sugar in them. Instead of regular orange juice and i drink only the non-concentrated kind. only kinda milk I drink now is skim milk.

Now I'll start with my workouts. I started out walking EVERYWHERE. Anywhere that was within an hour walk was fair game. i then went with some light running. basically 20 minutes a night around my neighborhood (i also did 200 jumping jacks and 15 minutes of intense stretching before running). Once my body started to get used to this, i really went for the kill. I signed up with bally total fitness. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. Nothing but high-intensity cardio. Treadmill, stairmaster, precor, elliptical, stationary bike, jump rope, swimming. I did this for about 3 months straight before i had to take a break. I think I wore myself out. I still go to the gym just about every day but not for as long. When the weather started to get good I started running outdoors again. 90 minutes a day. I also spend about an hour a day doing nothing but sit-ups (standard and scissor) and push-ups. I've been doing this for about 3 months now. I also take supplements. They help me a lot. Right now I'm taking Men's Mega sport. I take 2-4 a day. Big ass energy boost. Another one that's really worked for me is Xenadrine RFA-X. I feel like beating the s*** outta somebody after taking it. You can get either of these at any GNC.

That's basically it. Everybody has their own routine/program that works best for them. The key is consistency. I knew if this was going to happen I had to be committed every single day. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:17 AM)
I'll start with my diet. I eliminated red meats, fried foods and fast foods. All the typical fattening junk food (I used to scarf entire bags of Doritos). I cut out pop, kool-aid (I used to drink a s***load of kool-aid), chocolate milk. I started off with meal-replacement protein shakes (Whey protein). 1 for breakfast and lunch every day. Instead of snacking on fattening, high calorie junk like the aforementioned Doritos, I went with stuff like fruit, raisins, fiber one bars (rex gets the credit for that. I had never heard of them until he told me about them), whole grain cereals and whole grain crackers. For dinner I typically go with any combination of baked or broiled chicken, turkey, fish or tuna. I eat a huge salad loaded with just about every veggie you can think of with dinner every night. I also try to include one other veggie like green beans or broccoli. Only kinda bread I eat is whole-wheat or whole-grain. I have a sweet tooth like everybody else. So instead of eating two or three pieces of chocolate cake like i used to, I go with the weightwatchers versions of cookies, brownies or muffins (and even with these you have to be careful. eat too many at once and you defeat the purpose).

I drink a TON of water every day. No exaggeration. I think I take in more water than most sea animals. I limit myself to one gatorade or powerade a day. They're obviously much better for you than pop. But they still have quite a bit of sugar in them. Instead of regular orange juice and i drink only the non-concentrated kind. only kinda milk I drink now is skim milk.

Now I'll start with my workouts. I started out walking EVERYWHERE. Anywhere that was within an hour walk was fair game. i then went with some light running. basically 20 minutes a night around my neighborhood (i also did 200 jumping jacks and 15 minutes of intense stretching before running). Once my body started to get used to this, i really went for the kill. I signed up with bally total fitness. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. Nothing but high-intensity cardio. Treadmill, stairmaster, precor, elliptical, stationary bike, jump rope, swimming. I did this for about 3 months straight before i had to take a break. I think I wore myself out. I still go to the gym just about every day but not for as long. When the weather started to get good I started running outdoors again. 90 minutes a day. I also spend about an hour a day doing nothing but sit-ups (standard and scissor) and push-ups. I've been doing this for about 3 months now. I also take supplements. They help me a lot. Right now I'm taking Men's Mega sport. I take 2-4 a day. Big ass energy boost. Another one that's really worked for me is Xenadrine RFA-X. I feel like beating the s*** outta somebody after taking it. You can get either of these at any GNC.

That's basically it. Everybody has their own routine/program that works best for them. The key is consistency. I knew if this was going to happen I had to be committed every single day. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

6 hours a day in the gym? Heh. That's just not reality for most.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Holy s*** dude, I haven't looked at sig updates for you since you put a few pounds back on a few months ago. 155? Nice work.

Thanks

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
6 hours a day in the gym? Heh. That's just not reality for most.

Let me clarify. When I say 6 hours I don't mean it as I work out every minute of those 6 hours. I usually get there around 9 or 10 in the morning and leave around 3 or 4. But I make sure I take 3-5 minute breaks inbetween cardio machines. And I spend about 45 minutes in the sauna and another 30 minutes swimming (which feels awesome right after all the cardio). So I get plenty of rest time while I'm there. But yeah, I realize not everybody can do what I do.

To get down to 155 lbs, you would have needed a small frame to begin with..

But to get to 230 with that small frame, you must have been fat as s***.. true story?

Im having a very hard time believing this, not that I am saying you didn't do it or it couldn't be done. I am just not understanding how you go from 230 to 155.. the body physics aren't adding up to me, im 230 lbs right now and there is no way that I could ever weigh 155 lbs

Just tryin to understand, not trying to make this an argument in any way dude

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Thanks

Let me clarify. When I say 6 hours I don't mean it as I work out every minute of those 6 hours. I usually get there around 9 or 10 in the morning and leave around 3 or 4. But I make sure I take 3-5 minute breaks inbetween cardio machines. And I spend about 45 minutes in the sauna and another 30 minutes swimming (which feels awesome right after all the cardio). So I get plenty of rest time while I'm there. But yeah, I realize not everybody can do what I do.

That's still a long time to spend in a gym -- I wish I had that sort of extra time still...I did in my 20's...but those days are over. heh

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Hurry up with the pictures man! Again I am absolutely amazed, congratulations J4L. Now that the weight is off, have you thought about lifting more and cardio less?

I'll get on it. I've gotta get a scanner. And I have started a light lifting program. 130 is my max. And that's pretty embarrassing to admit. lol. but I'll get better. As for my cardio? I plan on taking it easy as far as the machines at the gym go. I'm just gonna stick with the 90 minutes of outdoor running for now.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
To get down to 155 lbs, you would have needed a small frame to begin with..

But to get to 230 with that small frame, you must have been fat as s***.. true story?

Im having a very hard time believing this, not that I am saying you didn't do it or it couldn't be done. I am just not understanding how you go from 230 to 155.. the body physics aren't adding up to me, im 230 lbs right now and there is no way that I could ever weigh 155 lbs

Just tryin to understand, not trying to make this an argument in any way dude

No offense taken at all. I look in the mirror and can't believe it my damn self. I've heard it all. "Are you starving yourself?" "Are you sick?" "Do you have a tapeworm?" lol. And one important factor I left out from my earlier post is the drinking. For about two years (2006 through most of 2008) I went on a serious drinking binge. Stress? Life? I don't know if I was depressed or what. But I think I consumed more alcohol than any human on the planet during that time. And most of that was all beer. And I'm sure you know what excessive beer can do to you after a while. There would be nights where I would drink as many as 4 40 ounce bottles of mickey. Then turn around and scarf down multiple big macs or whoppers. This was almost every night. I totally gave up beer. Haven't had a sip of beer in over 8 months. I have to believe that's played a large role. I limit my drinking to weekends only. Vodka or something like that.

As far as my frame? I don't know. I'm about 6'0. I'm not really big anywhere. Chest is a decent size. In HS i was always around 155-165. Then like most people, I put on weight after HS. It wasn't anything crazy. I think the most I weighed before 2006 was about 180. Then the drinking binge started, combined with horrible eating habits, and I simply blew up. Especially my face, thighs and stomach. But I'll get some pics up for you guys. I don't really have any before pics. I made for damn sure that nobody took any pics or recorded me or anything during that time. I was real sensitive.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
s***, Jordan. I wish i had your work ethic. Great job, man.

Thanks, man.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 01:53 AM)
6 hours a day at the gym?

That's 36 hours a week, just about a full time job.

What's the rest of your schedule like if you don't mind me asking? Just curious on how you dedicate so much time. Thanks

The 6 hours a day was for the first three months (November through early February). I don't go that long now. And I was doing that while working 35-40 hours a week as well. So other than sleeping, I really had no time for anything. After taking a few weeks off, I started going for about half that time. So my bad if I made it sound like I've been going 6 hours a day since November. Since it's summer, I can run outdoors now (and I enjoy outdoor running more than the treadmill anyway). So I do all my ab work at the gym. Along with sauna and swimming. And I'm running outside for 90 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 03:35 AM)
The 6 hours a day was for the first three months (November through early February). I don't go that long now. And I was doing that while working 35-40 hours a week as well. So other than sleeping, I really had no time for anything. After taking a few weeks off, I started going for about half that time. So my bad if I made it sound like I've been going 6 hours a day since November. Since it's summer, I can run outdoors now (and I enjoy outdoor running more than the treadmill anyway). So I do all my ab work at the gym. Along with sauna and swimming. And I'm running outside for 90 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Gotcha, 6 Hours was to get from point a to point z and 90 minutes now, to maintain point z. Good job man.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:17 AM)

Every time I read one of your posts about your weight loss it scares me how similar we are. Props to you man, I'm down to 187 and I started at 230 as well. It's taken me around 14 weeks to get to lose the 43 lbs and my original goal was to get to 170. I'm about an inch shorter than you so I'm starting to think that I should lose even more than that. Just curious, so I can gauge myself, what is your body fat %?

Last year at this time I was 250.... now I'm 275 :ph34r:

Damn, I must have found some of the weight jordan lost!

I have an excuse though, most of my weight gain has been from some severe weight lifting over the past 2-3 years, and I'm a lineman. Also, I'm 6'4", so I'm not a short blob.

However, over the next 4 weeks, I'm planning on dropping about 10 pounds... I got a lot of conditioning to do when I get to camp, and I want to be in the best shape I can be. I'm the strongest, fastest, and quickest I've been in my life right now, but right now my conditioning could use some work. I get tired too fast.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)

I have an excuse though, most of my weight gain has been from some severe weight lifting over the past 2-3 years, and I'm a lineman. Also, I'm 6'4", so I'm not a short blob.

However, over the next 4 weeks, I'm planning on dropping about 10 pounds... I got a lot of conditioning to do when I get to camp, and I want to be in the best shape I can be. I'm the strongest, fastest, and quickest I've been in my life right now, but right now my conditioning could use some work. I get tired too fast.

6' 4" - 275???

Dang. I'm surprised you don't type like JI

JIM THOME

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
6' 4" - 275???

Dang. I'm surprised you don't type like JI

JIM THOME

no, I do not type like WordUpThome.... even though WordUpThome is hysterical.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)

Lol damn, Im 6'4 and around 200 pounds. I have trouble bulking up though despite my eating habits.