Rick Peterson

Cali

I'm watching MLB Networks Classic Seasons for 1993 (and thankfully they didn't just ignore the Sox) and at one point Rick Peterson is talking and under his name it says "White Sox Minor League Coach"

I seriously don't ever remember hearing he was hired in our system. Is it true? Haha

If so, where in the system is he coaching?

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I'm watching MLB Networks Classic Seasons for 1993 (and thankfully they didn't just ignore the Sox) and at one point Rick Peterson is talking and under his name it says "White Sox Minor League Coach"

I seriously don't ever remember hearing he was hired in our system. Is it true? Haha

If so, where in the system is he coaching?

I assume it is an old video and that he was once one of our minor league pitching coaches.

Peterson joined the Chicago White Sox farm system and spent six seasons there as a pitching coach. Peterson was with Birmingham Barons (AA) of the Southern League from 1989-1991, Vancouver (AAA) of the American Association in 1992, and Nashville (AAA) of the Pacific Coast League from 1993-1994. After spending many years in the minor leagues, Peterson was promoted to the White Sox on June 21, 1994.

From 1994 to 1995, Peterson stayed with the White Sox as a Co-director of the sports psychology program as it related to performance behavior.