7/1 Games

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 01:12 AM)
Any Update on JorDanks?

Huddy now with 100 K's and 21 BB's combined this season

Hudson and Flowers have separated themselves from the rest of the pitchers/position players regarding being our top prospects.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Is Flowers ok? Seems like he's been off for a few days recently.

Today is his first full day off in a while. He came in as a sub for the 16 inning game yesterday. Manager probably wanted to give him an off day, but ended up catching 7 innings.

As for the Hudson talk, he sure seems like the kind of prospect Kenny would trade at the deadline. The team is playing well, they are in the race and the rotation has a lot of young guys. Allen would probably make more sense to trade, but Hudson has to have a good amount of value right now.

Miguel Gonzalez hit his 2nd HR tonight. He is raking in the Appy League.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Today is his first full day off in a while. He came in as a sub for the 16 inning game yesterday. Manager probably wanted to give him an off day, but ended up catching 7 innings.

As for the Hudson talk, he sure seems like the kind of prospect Kenny would trade at the deadline. The team is playing well, they are in the race and the rotation has a lot of young guys. Allen would probably make more sense to trade, but Hudson has to have a good amount of value right now.

I would rather send off Carter, and keep Hudson. We need a righty to balance our our young lefties. The Sox are probably leaning that way, considering Hudson has been exposed to more difficult talent, which could lead to failure. And Carter is still in A. Guys staying at a level below are usually the trade bait.

Hudson and Flowers have separated themselves from the rest of the pitchers/position players regarding being our top prospects.

I'll still take Viciedo as far a pos. players, but man those two are very, very good prospects. I LOVE Tyler Flowers and Hudson.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:51 AM)
I'll still take Viciedo as far a pos. players, but man those two are very, very good prospects. I LOVE Tyler Flowers and Hudson.

I'm still waiting to be wowed by Viciedo (regarding his numbers). I know he's young for AA though, so I can see why you'd love him.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
I think we will be wowed by Viciedo next year. He was just getting his foot wet this year, next year is when I expect to really break out.

I think he's getting both feet wet. ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)

Jordan Danks is still very close. He's such an elite athlete, however, Flowers is really climbing up the boards quickly. Right now I'd probably have him as the 3rd best catching prospect in the minors. Posey being #1 and the Yanks Masher #2 (who might not stick at C), with Flowers at 3.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)

Miguel Gonzalez hit his 2nd HR tonight. He is raking in the Appy League.

Kenny watched every minute of the Hudson start that I saw in spring training and him and Buddy looked quite pleased with what they saw. I don't think they will just be giving up Huddy.