7/2 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN+

knightni

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Who would you want to add, Kroeger or Ward?

One interesting thing, I bet a movement to start Nix at SS, Beckham at 3B, Getz at 2B and Ramirez in CF starts soon...

Not if Farmer's correct about Quentin starting a rehab stint soon.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
Buehrle! He's looked fantastic night. Clearly doesn't have all of his stuff either.

How many guys could mow a lineup down so easily and efficiently with one strikeout in eight innings?

This is a truly unique player we're watching here fellas. Nobody quite like him.

I honestly don't see why Ozzie doesn't start warming up Jenks to back Mark up.

Unless Bobby's got a health issue, that shouldn't happen. It's still a save opportunity right now, Linebrink makes me puke in save situations, and Bobby hasn't worked in a while.

That's a fair argument. Good point. We may need Bobby before it's over.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Yah i know. But it's just weird. YOu play poorly for 2 and a half months, then have a good 2+ weeks and bam ur right back in it. I love baseball.

They're playing with confidence, and Bacon has been one heck of a shot in the arm. Throw in Danks, Floyd and Contreras all remembering they don't have to suck, and Colon on the DL replaced with a serviceable Richard, and bam, we're doin ok.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
Who would you want to add, Kroeger or Ward?

One interesting thing, I bet a movement to start Nix at SS, Beckham at 3B, Getz at 2B and Ramirez in CF starts soon...

If Quentin comes back, that movement will end before it starts.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Not if Farmer's correct about Quentin starting a rehab stint soon.

The irony is that Scott Podsednik will be our starting CFer three years after Ozzie said there was no way he would play there...and almost no one will even question it. Not even BA's biggest fan club members...although BA will get some AB's against tough righties still in all likelihood. Then Wise really becomes superfluous. Of course, that's assuming Carlos can stay healthy.

Baseball, so mystifying.

Konerko career OPS 843, at 841 right now...interesting. Jayson Nix is well into in the mid 800's. Could be the pick-up of the offseason if he continues like this.

Even more interesting is how this all shakes out with Fields and Getz, Beckham and Ramirez. And Viciedo/Retherford (although probably another utility guy).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
That's a fair argument. Good point. We may need Bobby before it's over.

This is a complete game shutout. Book it.

No worries about a tired bullpen this year. Things are shaping up nicely.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
This is a complete game shutout. Book it.

No worries about a tired bullpen this year. Things are shaping up nicely.

If anything, this is the time to get some rest. Bobby was hurt at this time last year with that back problem. We haven't needed him since Cincy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
They took away Anderson's stolen base in that one inning. Called it WP.

Well, we can't blame that on either Rosenberg or the Guillen/anti-BA conspiracy.

Maybe they will call the press box to get it changed, lol...shades of Cabrera last year.