World Series of Poker 2009

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
You have to like Darvin. I would not mind him winning it at all. With 1/3 of the chips, he is in position to do it as well.

I loved yesterday when he sat at the featured table and was like "I've never played this game before so don't worry about me." Than cleaned house.

Also has no credit card, no cell phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoilers!!!

Phil Ivey knocked out in 7th place by Darvin Moon. Phil pushed all-in pre-flop with A-K. Darvin called with A-Q and hit a Q on the flop. It really sucked listening to it live. The crowd was really cheering for Ivey.

Moon also hit an A on the river to bust Begleiter in 6th place. So, Moon is still running incredibly well.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 03:12 AM)
Spoilers!!!

Phil Ivey knocked out in 7th place by Darvin Moon. Phil pushed all-in pre-flop with A-K. Darvin called with A-Q and hit a Q on the flop. It really sucked listening to it live. The crowd was really cheering for Ivey.

Moon also hit an A on the river to bust Begleiter in 6th place. So, Moon is still running incredibly well.

sucks that Ivey lost, wanted to see him win. I know that some people are more skilled than others at poker, but hands like that show there is a lot of luck involved all the time

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 03:24 AM)

sucks that Ivey lost, wanted to see him win. I know that some people are more skilled than others at poker, but hands like that show there is a lot of luck involved all the time

Very true, but Moon has been killing. If Ivey couldn't win, I want Moon to win. He is very likable and a would be a bigger story than when Moneymaker won.

Edited by Brian

It will be Moon vs. Cada heads up on Monday, and WOW. Cada has a huge chip lead. 130M to 58M. Looks like he has a good shot at beating Eastgates one year record. Ha. Curious to see how Moon lost the chip lead. I liked watching Cada play so far. Very calm and never gets rattles into poor decisions.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 03:50 AM)

Joe Cada wins the Main Event. It was a very interesting match heads up that lasted about 3 hours. I know they'll edit it for tv but I hope ESPN will show all of the up and down swings that both Cada and Moon had. It would probably make a good half hour show.

Stupid f***ing Yahoo. I was looking forward to watching the WSOP tonight to see who won but I go flipping through their news reel and it shows Cada with the money in front of him.

I don't mind Cada winning, he is not a bad player. Would've preferred Ivey but I figured he wouldn't win starting the November 9 as a fairly low stack.

It was pretty cool that they gave it an extra 30 minutes. When Ivey was finally knocked out at 9:37 PM during the ESPN Broacast, I figured they would knock out a guy every hand until 10:00 until Cada won it over Moon. Glad to see they showed a few hands of heads up play.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
It was pretty cool that they gave it an extra 30 minutes. When Ivey was finally knocked out at 9:37 PM during the ESPN Broacast, I figured they would knock out a guy every hand until 10:00 until Cada won it over Moon. Glad to see they showed a few hands of heads up play.

I was getting worried as well. But with how exciting it was, I would of been fine waiting another week for an hour of heads up play between the two.

I thought Moon was extremely lucky, and basically he tried to be the Jerry Yang of 2009, and there was no need for him to do that.

The unluckiest player was probably Steve Begeleiter, he made good reads throughout and at the final table and deserved a lot better IMO.