2010 Interleague- here it is

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
I wish they'd get rid of interleague play.

I hate interleague baseball. Call me a traditionalist, but I always found it fascinating, how in a very real sense, we had two separate leagues that’d only meet for a championship series. I hate the ever-increasing concept of the manufactured rivalry.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Perhaps. But as much of a traditionalist I am in everything else, I really prefer the DH. I'd rather pull my nails out than watch some pitcher take three weak swings and sit down.

The thing is, most pitchers are bad at hitting because they haven't had to focus on it at all. If they made the same rules for both leagues, I'd much rather see pitchers hit than have the DH.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
I hate interleague baseball. Call me a traditionalist, but I always found it fascinating, how in a very real sense, we had two separate leagues that'd only meet for a championship series. I hate the ever-increasing concept of the manufactured rivalry.

I think 6 series a year is too much. I say keep the 2 series vs. your interleague rival team, and then have 2 more series vs. 2 random NL opponents each year (it'd take 8 years to go through the league).

Oh, and for the 2 league champions, they should definitely have a WS rematch in interleague play.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
To be honest I hate divisional games sometimes. I was going to start a thread/poll about this a month ago and for some reason I didn't. I get sick of seeing the same teams 18 or 19 times a year. I mean, in the NFL, the Bears don't play the Packers 3x a year, etc (pretty bad comparison but you get the point).

I totally agree with you. I was just going to post a similar comment.

It gets boring watching the Sox play Detroit 9 times, then Kansas City 9 times or so, then the Indians 9 times, then Minnesota 9 times or however many times they face them during a season. It gets boring and stale seeing the same old opposing lineups again and again. Honestly, I'd rather see more interleague opponents instead.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
I wouldn't exactly say that the Rays is a gay name, yet the White Sox is kick a** or anything.

It's the fact that they aren't regular rays, like the fish. It's rays of sunshine. I think that's gay.

I thought Devil Rays was pretty BA.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
It's the fact that they aren't regular rays, like the fish. It's rays of sunshine. I think that's gay.

I thought Devil Rays was pretty BA.

The MLB isn't a sport where there are too many BA names. Why are the Angels the Angels? Why not be the Devils or something?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
The thing is, most pitchers are bad at hitting because they haven't had to focus on it at all. If they made the same rules for both leagues, I'd much rather see pitchers hit than have the DH.

You ever noticed that in Little League, high school etc. the pitcher always seems to also be the best hitter on the team? Then by the time they go pro that just goes to s*** although some of them still keep it (Zambrano etc.)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
To be honest I hate divisional games sometimes. I was going to start a thread/poll about this a month ago and for some reason I didn't. I get sick of seeing the same teams 18 or 19 times a year. I mean, in the NFL, the Bears don't play the Packers 3x a year, etc (pretty bad comparison but you get the point).

2 games against the Packers out of 16 (2/16) = 12.5% of the total schedule

19 games out of 162 against a divisional team (19/162) = 11.7% of the total schedule

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
You ever noticed that in Little League, high school etc. the pitcher always seems to also be the best hitter on the team? Then by the time they go pro that just goes to s*** although some of them still keep it (Zambrano etc.)

That's because the talent gap is bigger in Little League. The best athletes are the most coordinated or most developed and are generally better at whatever they do in sports. It does go back to how baseball has gradually shifted to specialization over the years. They would have laughed at a LOOGY back in the day.