Gov. Palin Resigns (Quits)

bmags

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
I was reading a Time article where one of her aides/friends/advisors was saying she actually started digging on the Internet to read the dirt about her, reading liberal blogs etc. No politician actually does that or they'd go crazy. Could you imagine if Bush did that when he was president and then started whining about everything instead of brushing it off or ignoring it like he did (and like Obama does now)? He wouldn't have been able to function if he did that.

They have "people" who do that for them...I'm not going to comment on Palin's intelligence, cuz I don't know her...BUT, she seems to me the perennial beauty queen. Always worrying about what other people think of her. You aren't going to make it in politics with that attitude.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time an ethics committee found her to be acting improperly, she brushed it off (brushing it off so strongly so as to distort what the report actually said to the point of almost saying the opposite, i.e. stopping just short of flatly lying), and the status quo remained. People who hate her called BS, people who supported her took what she said at face value.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
So now that she's resigning today, can we go back to not knowing about Sarah Palin?

That would be nice but I'm quite certain she'll go out of her way to stay in the spotlight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Have you read/listened to her resignation speech? the whole thing is like that.

I read parts of it. Forget Palin for a moment... who writes her speeches? Because either she butchered it beyond all recognition, or the writer a new job.

Also, Alaska really has an agency called "Petroleum Oversight Office"? POO? Seriously?