7/3 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Charlotte v Durham

B-Ham v Mobile

W-S v Lynchburg

Kanny v Hagerstown

Nevin Griffith getting his first start at low A

Bristol v Johnson City

there, its done

Awesome. I'm going to listen to the audio feed. I've been so high on this kid since we drafted him.

Kanny won 6-2 in 14 innings

-Griffith with a solid start. 5 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 K, 2 R, 1 ER

-Justin Greene keeps hitting. 3-6 tonight and raised his average to .318.

-Phegley with a solid night, 2-6 with a double, rbi, but 2 K's.

-Gilmore went 2-6 with an rbi and a K.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 12:11 AM)
Dan Remenowsky has 53K's and just 7BB in 30.2 IP. 2.05 ERA and .191 BAA, not bad for an undrafted FA. Anyone know what kind of stuff he has??? Those are damn impressive numbers.

Welcome to the Remenowsky train. If you want some further background, check out his AAP page I put together.

He's apparently got plus control on his full set, and good movement. His K numbers dropped his last year of college pretty seriously, as did his velocity, which is probably why he wasn't drafted. But our scouts picked him up from independent league, and I'd guess he must have put the velocity back on.

He needs to be promoted.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
Welcome to the Remenowsky train. If you want some further background, check out his AAP page I put together.

He's apparently got plus control on his full set, and good movement. His K numbers dropped his last year of college pretty seriously, as did his velocity, which is probably why he wasn't drafted. But our scouts picked him up from independent league, and I'd guess he must have put the velocity back on.

He needs to be promoted.

I bet a lot of his success comes from deception. He's got a very high leg kick, at least according to this picture:

07NCAAMidEastRemenowskyOWUWeb.JPG

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I bet a lot of his success comes from deception. He's got a very high leg kick, at least according to this picture:

07NCAAMidEastRemenowskyOWUWeb.JPG

Deception is always helpful. But he's seeing teams a bunch of times now and still getting them out, plus a scout was quoted as saying he had the best control in his league, which is saying something. Even all that though, still probably couldn't explain the K numbers being so high. There has to be some combination of movement and velocity there as well.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
12th round CF Kyle Colligan making rookie ball look pretty easy in his first 10 games.

So far batting .400 (11 for 35) with 7 of his 11 hits coming for extra bases... 3 doubles, 2 triples, and 2 homeruns.

I like Colligan after seeing him in action in the Big 12. I wrote a piece on FutureSox about him. I think he could make some noise in our system. Link

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
I like Colligan after seeing him in action in the Big 12. I wrote a piece on FutureSox about him. I think he could make some noise in our system. Link

I just read it. Nice job. Provides a helpful picture of him.

Edited by scenario