What happened to Bartolo?

joeynach

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Apparently, Barolo is missing again. Not much of a surprise. It would be equally unsurprising to see him released, suspended by the team, or traded for crap (note not Clayton Richard and Aaron Poreda) in the upcoming weeks. http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2009/08...n_this_man.html

He is something like the 7th or 8th starter right now... Behind MB, JD, GF and JC, then Torres, Hudson, and Garcia at least. He will obviously be behind Peavy when he gets back as well. We might as well release the guy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
He is something like the 7th or 8th starter right now... Behind MB, JD, GF and JC, then Torres, Hudson, and Garcia at least. He will obviously be behind Peavy when he gets back as well. We might as well release the guy.

I think KW and Ozzie are done with him. He’s something of an embarrassment to this organization.

Good. I hope he never returns. He's useless in my mind with Peavy here and Torres and Hudson as fifth starter options when Contreras begins to literally fall apart.

I only wish Garcia would also disappear so we won't have to endure his 87 mph fastball and preferential treatment from Guillen.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
He's useless in my mind with Peavy here and Torres and Hudson as fifth starter options

I actually cant remember a time that had more uncertainty in the fifth starter spot. 04? Uncertainty during important times, that is. There's no guarantee Torres succeeds.

And if that #4 spot right now seems perfect to you, I might point out that Contreras #s are approaching(in some cases worse than) what Bartolo had.

As hideous as Bartolo's BAA is, i would trot him out there if he was healthy.

Edited by Princess Dye

As expected, the process of writing off Bartolo Colon has begun. About time, if you ask me. It's remarkable how someone so lazy, so unmotivated to succeed, could continue to get jobs in Major League Baseball. Most likely this one will prove to be his last.

"No, he's not here," Guillen said. "What is it? That's hard to find out. That's the hardest question you ask me, where is Colon?

"I think I don't see him pitching here in the next 20 days because he's got to go to a rehab assignments, start over with a pitching thing and we'll see what happens."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....oxs-season.html

Edited by Thunderbolt

• 4 weeks later...

More “Where the hell is, Colon?” and, “I don’t give a damn hilarity from the White Sox.”

“--For those who still care, general manager Ken Williams does not get regular updates on Bartolo Colon and doesn't really know his exact whereabouts. It's not exactly a thrilling situation for Williams.

"Does it bother me? A little bit. A little bit," said Williams in sardonic tones, indicating it bothers him more than just a little.

Colon also took off on the Red Sox in 2008 when he was moved to the bullpen, but Williams seemed surprised by his 2009 disappearing act after getting put on the disabled list on July 25 with right elbow inflammation.

"Yes, I'm surprised by it," Williams said. "But what are you going to do?"”

http://scottmerkin.mlblogs.com/archives/20..._in_majors.html

QUOTE (soxbsbllvr @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
Saw Bartolo in Spring Training and knew at that point we wasted our money, couldn't even throw a fastball more than 86mph. He looks like a weeble on the mound. Get him out of here now.

Ha!

I wonder how many people "get" the Weeble reference.

weeble.jpgbartolo-colon.jpg