What happened to Bartolo?

joeynach

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
According to Joe Cowley, as reported on Boers and Bernstein, KW has no clue as to the whereabouts of Bartolo Colon, who was supposed to make a start in Charlotte this week. I wonder if he’s pulling a similar stunt as Odalis Perez, where he wants to opt out or if this a legitimate concern.

If that is the case, expect him to be the guy dumped for Pena.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Efforts to contact his agent have been successful," said GM Kenny Williams. "Their efforts to contact their client have not been so successful. If he's out there Thursday, and shows a better mix between his breaking ball and fastball, he's got a place here. If he doesn't, he doesn't have a place here. Only he can dictate if he's ready."

Colon pulled a similar stunt with Boston last year.

"If he doesn't show up Thursday in Charlotte, somebody will take the mound," said Williams. "This train is going to keep rolling."

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2...r_noshow_i.html

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
"Efforts to contact his agent have been successful," said GM Kenny Williams. "Their efforts to contact their client have not been so successful. If he's out there Thursday, and shows a better mix between his breaking ball and fastball, he's got a place here. If he doesn't, he doesn't have a place here. Only he can dictate if he's ready."

Colon pulled a similar stunt with Boston last year.

"If he doesn't show up Thursday in Charlotte, somebody will take the mound," said Williams. "This train is going to keep rolling."

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2...r_noshow_i.html

That was almost 100% exactly what I expected Kenny to say. f*** him. He can go away if he doesn't want the organization to win.

Sox pitcher Bartolo Colon was expected to report Wednesday night to Triple-A Charlotte, where he's expected to pitch Thursday night.

A Charlotte spokesman said Colon was expected to arrive after 6 p.m. Colon hasn't pitched in a month because of knee inflammation.

Manager Ozzie Guillen joked that Colon was probably at Michael Jackson's memorial service.

Per Hardball Blog

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
Sox pitcher Bartolo Colon was expected to report Wednesday night to Triple-A Charlotte, where he's expected to pitch Thursday night.

A Charlotte spokesman said Colon was expected to arrive after 6 p.m. Colon hasn't pitched in a month because of knee inflammation.

Manager Ozzie Guillen joked that Colon was probably at Michael Jackson's memorial service.

Per Hardball Blog

Scott Reifort said the same thing.

Ozzie thinks he was at the Michael Jackson funeral.

"I worry about Colon because Colon was a big-time Michael Jackson fan. ... He might see the TV and cry all day long. He may be is in LA at his funeral, because I can’t find him. When he gets to Charlotte, Oney [Guillen] will call me to say he’s there.

“Nobody knows how big of a Michael Jackson fan Colon was. I’m serious. He might be depressed a little bit."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-charlotte.html

From Rotoworld:

The White Sox have located Bartolo Colon.

Colon checked in with Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday night and is scheduled to start there Thursday. Here's how manager Ozzie Guillen described the situation to a group of reporters just before game time Wednesday: "To talk to Colon, you've got to talk to 20 different people. You got to talk to 30 different cousins, and then to his agent, who talks to his brother, his brother call his wife, his wife say he's with Pedro, Pedro say he's with Juan. "I guarantee you I'll call [President Barack] Obama, and we'll have a talk before Colon answers the phone."

Actual Link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_mlb

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:44 AM)
Ozzie thinks he was at the Michael Jackson funeral.

"I worry about Colon because Colon was a big-time Michael Jackson fan. ... He might see the TV and cry all day long. He may be is in LA at his funeral, because I can't find him. When he gets to Charlotte, Oney [Guillen] will call me to say he's there.

"Nobody knows how big of a Michael Jackson fan Colon was. I'm serious. He might be depressed a little bit."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-charlotte.html

Funny s*** here

• 4 weeks later...