What happened to Bartolo?

joeynach

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
I had a Weeble Tree when I was a little kid.

85382030_d2932e2ccc.jpg

he's getting a gastric bypass when he returns he'll be a svelte 185. He got tire of the jokes so he took to the knife. could be? WHEN HE WAS thinner he could pitch. What would you guys say if he came back thinner, stronger, without any physical limitations. KW's a gambler. I made this scenario up but it is possible. Colon could return in time for spring training.

Edited by forrestg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Final word (hopefully?) on Bartolo Colon from Ozzie.

MIA no more

The search for Bartolo Colon ended Wednesday, when the Sox announced they'd requested waivers on the right-hander for the purpose of granting him his unconditional release.

While Colon's return to the South Side was basically a disaster, it was memorable. Colon, 36, went missing twice while dealing with injuries, and he had to be tracked down by the club through his agent during his first MIA.

He went 3-6 with a 4.19 ERA in 12 starts this season. After battling a knee problem, he came back for a short stint before inflammation built up in his right elbow. He was put on the disabled list a second time retroactive to July 25, then disappeared again.

''He never went along with the program,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''That cost the trust of the trainers here. He wasn't found, and then one day he showed up and the next day he doesn't. He's supposed to do this, this, this and that [in the rehab], and he didn't do it.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt17.article