Steve McNair shot to death

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
RIP

I can't recall in my lifetime where in a span of 10 days or so,so many famous people passing away,Ed McMahon,Farrah Fawcett,Micheal Jackson,Karl Malden and tragically now McNair...I'm stunned.

Especially for Iowa, or football fans in general, 10 days ago Ed Thomas was killed. He's on the Sports Illustrated cover. 4 NFL players came from his small school.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Sounds like either his wife shot him and then killed herself, or maybe both were murdered and a suspect is at large. Either way, what a strange and sad story. RIP.

That was not his wife, must've been his GF. Sooooo, either she killed him and then herself, ooooor her BF, drug dealer, or someone she owed money to shot them both. Maybe it's all the same guy.

Couldn't believe this when I heard it. There was almost an entire year when he didn't practice and just played the games, and the Titans when 11-5 or something along those lines. That alone made a person feel like he was Superman.

guess he's not

Rest in Peace.

Looks like a murder, suicide to me. From the articles I read, McNair was shot several times, but the woman, found dead right next to McNair, was shot once with the gun found lying next to her.

If I had to guess, McNair was leaving her and she didn't like that.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
RIP

I can't recall in my lifetime where in a span of 10 days or so,so many famous people passing away,Ed McMahon,Farrah Fawcett,Micheal Jackson,Karl Malden and tragically now McNair...I'm stunned.

I know most on here are way younger than me and probably don't know who Sky Saxon is but he died too. He was the lead singer of The Seeds ("Pushin' Too Hard" was their biggest hit and they were in the cult classic Psych Out with Jack Nicholson and Dean Stockwell).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Looks like a murder, suicide to me. From the articles I read, McNair was shot several times, but the woman, found dead right next to McNair, was shot once with the gun found lying next to her.

If I had to guess, McNair was leaving her and she didn't like that.

I agree 100%. McNairs wife must be just beside herself

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
They may also be looking at his wife. She may have had more rage against him than her.

On the way in to work today ESPN said that at this time they are not looking at his wife at all, and they are not trying to find a perpetrator.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/04/mcnair...ting/index.html

McNair's body was found seated on a living room sofa, authorities said.

Kazemi sustained a gunshot wound to the head, authorities said. Police also said a pistol was found near her body.

Autopsies were scheduled for Sunday.

Asked whether the shooting was a murder-suicide, Don Aaron, spokesman for the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department, said investigators have not classified the incident . He said investigators have not ruled out anything but added that they were not "actively looking at suspects" Saturday night.

"I suspect we'll have something to say tomorrow," Aaron said.

The bodies were found just two days after Kazemi was pulled over in a Cadillac Escalade, registered to her and McNair, and charged with a DUI, Aaron said. McNair was in the vehicle at the time.

Although Aaron described Kazemi as McNair's "friend," a law enforcement source close to the investigation said that the woman is McNair's girlfriend and that the residence is her condominium in downtown Nashville.

Witnesses said McNair was a frequent visitor at the condominium.

Authorities were questioning people who were near the home, but they said no one was in custody.

Police could not provide details about the circumstances of the shooting. Watch police update reporters on McNair's death »

Investigators don't think McNair's wife, Mechelle, who is "very distraught," was involved, Aaron said.

Edited by KyYlE23

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-m...p&type=lgns

McNair, 36, was shot four times, twice in the head, by a semiautomatic pistol, Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said. The woman, Sahel Kazemi, was killed by a single gunshot wound and the pistol was found under her body, Aaron said.

How does the gun end up under the girl's body?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
I assume she shot him then herself. Fell forward after the shot to the head. Her arm probably was tilted inwards.

Yeah, if you're standing and lose consciousness, contrary to popular belief you fall forward, not backward.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
Yeah, if you're standing and lose consciousness, contrary to popular belief you fall forward, not backward.

I know my body pri.....tee well and I am sure if i shot myself in the head I would fall backward.

I dont know about you guys, but I am reading some of the stuff the ex-boyfriend is saying, and he is kind of being loud about being in the know about everything. Dont know, but he might be an alternate suspect

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
I know my body pri.....tee well and I am sure if i shot myself in the head I would fall backward.

Stand up and let all your muscles go limp at the same time, your knees will buckle first and the rest of your body will just follow. The only way you'd fall backward is if you had something pushing yourself forward before you lost control. Or you shot yourself in the face with a really big gun.

edit: unless you're saying you have a really big ass... well then thats different lol

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Shipps has a junky trunky.

You sir need to have your fetish treated with some meds other than liqour.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
Stand up and let all your muscles go limp at the same time, your knees will buckle first and the rest of your body will just follow. The only way you'd fall backward is if you had something pushing yourself forward before you lost control. Or you shot yourself in the face with a really big gun.

edit: unless you're saying you have a really big ass... well then thats different lol

I was just f***ing with you.

And yeah my ass is a little above average but thats gross to talk about because we are guys so forget this whole weird conversation ever happened.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)

In the northern hemisphere that is true. In the southern hemisphere, you fall backward.

How is McNair just sitting on the couch?

Ide imagine he wasn't just watching TV then got blasted, and the person who found them actually came into the place.. saw them.. went and did something.. then came back..

So basically, McNair is just sittin on the couch shot in the chest twice and the head twice.. I don't get that

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 06:06 AM)
How is McNair just sitting on the couch?

Ide imagine he wasn't just watching TV then got blasted, and the person who found them actually came into the place.. saw them.. went and did something.. then came back..

So basically, McNair is just sittin on the couch shot in the chest twice and the head twice.. I don't get that

I imagine he was thrown backwards from immediate impact. And probably slumped over a bit on the couch. He’s not like, legs on the coffee table type sitting, he’s just positioned on a couch. God, this is morbid.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I imagine he was thrown backwards from immediate impact. And probably slumped over a bit on the couch. He’s not like, legs on the coffee table type sitting, he’s just positioned on a couch. God, this is morbid.

Yes indeed it's morbid, I hate thinking about it, yet can't stop thinking about it. It's so terrible that it had to end that way. It's probably going to get worse for his image as the story with the woman progresses.

Edited by WilliamTell