Steve McNair shot to death

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
AFFAIR McNAIR

Yeah, his legacy is going to definitely take a hit based on what we know so far and what we are going to know as more info comes out. I personally don't agree with it, his playing career is a total seperate thing than what kind of person he was. It doesn't sounds like he was a bad person either, just one who made a few bad choices, one of which proved to be fatal.

Since we didn't know his family situation, we can't rule out the possibility of a crazy wife driving him to this. We don't have to paint him as horrible husband until we know for sure that he wasn't married to terrible wife. And isn't it strange that we haven't heard from his wife throughout this process?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
Since we didn't know his family situation, we can't rule out the possibility of a crazy wife driving him to this. We don't have to paint him as horrible husband until we know for sure that he wasn't married to terrible wife. And isn't it strange that we haven't heard from his wife throughout this process?

Adultery = slimeball in my book. You want to bang other ladies? Man-up and get a divorce, regardless of what it costs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Adultery = slimeball in my book. You want to bang other ladies? Man-up and get a divorce, regardless of what it costs.

Exactly. If you are in a miserable marriage, then either stay in and try to fix it, or get a divorce. No one "Drives" their spouse to cheat, people make a choice.

However, it IS possible that they had some sort of arrangement or understanding allowing for this. That does happen on occasion, though I personally don't see that as a true marriage.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
Exactly. If you are in a miserable marriage, then either stay in and try to fix it, or get a divorce. No one "Drives" their spouse to cheat, people make a choice.

However, it IS possible that they had some sort of arrangement or understanding allowing for this. That does happen on occasion, though I personally don't see that as a true marriage.

Andrei Kirilenko says hi!

And we don't know, they could have been in the process of getting a divorce. Or legally separated. I have to admit, when I was in the process, I was banging every chick I could...technically, I wasn't divorced, but since my wife left me for another guy and lived in Cali, I figured...what the f***? So, don't judge until you know all the facts.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Andrei Kirilenko says hi!

And we don't know, they could have been in the process of getting a divorce. Or legally separated. I have to admit, when I was in the process, I was banging every chick I could...technically, I wasn't divorced, but since my wife left me for another guy and lived in Cali, I figured...what the f***? So, don't judge until you know all the facts.

It's possible this all is the case, but you know as well as I do that it's very, very unlikely. Odds are, McNair was cheating with a younger woman who he thought he could have a good time with, and it ended up having a bizarre and tragic ending.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
It's possible this all is the case, but you know as well as I do that it's very, very unlikely. Odds are, McNair was cheating with a younger woman who he thought he could have a good time with, and it ended up having a bizarre and tragic ending.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the way the wife reacted, the fact that the car they found was registered to McNair AND his mistress, and the lack of surprise about this other woman, it leads me to believe that McNair was either ending a relationship or in some sort of agreement.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
McNair was asleep during the shooting. Even worse, "Before shooting herself, the 20-year-old sat next to his body and "tried to stage it so she would fall in his lap" http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/08/police-...killed-herse%2F

This sounds like the classic "crime of passion/lovers quarrel." What a bizarre case.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
Its a lot easier to say:

"Man up and get a divorce"

When your not worth millions.

I dont know his life or what he was going through, he seemed like a good guy, Im not about to get morally righteous on him.

Actually it is a lot easier when you will be left with millions than with debt and only one income. It is also easier for the woman to leave when she knows she will have considerable assets after she leaves. A middle class woman, staying at home rising the kids, living in a heavily mortgaged home, family with credit card bills, a couple car payments, kids in a bunch of activities that cost money, that's when a divorce is difficult.

Actually it is a lot easier when you will be left with millions than with debt and only one income. It is also easier for the woman to leave when she knows she will have considerable assets after she leaves. A middle class woman, staying at home rising the kids, living in a heavily mortgaged home, family with credit card bills, a couple car payments, kids in a bunch of activities that cost money, that's when a divorce is difficult.

I disagree with this.

But its just my opinion based on my experience with divorce.

Each person reacts to a stressful situation differently, I dont know why McNair did what he did, but as I said before Im not one to be morally righteous.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
I disagree with this.

But its just my opinion based on my experience with divorce.

Each person reacts to a stressful situation differently, I dont know why McNair did what he did, but as I said before Im not one to be morally righteous.

Settlement A. I get to keep the house in New York, you get Miami. I'll keep my Escalade and Porche, you keep your jewelery.

Settlement B. We sell the house and move into apartments, you take the Chevy and the payments, I'll take the 10 year old paid off Ford.

Your opinion is someone in situation A would stay, but B would leave?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
Its a lot easier to say:

"Man up and get a divorce"

When youre not worth millions.

I dont know his life or what he was going through, he seemed like a good guy, Im not about to get morally righteous on him.

As always, I turn to Chris Rock [paraphrasing because my feeble mind can't recall exact quotes]:

"If you give up half of 30 million.....you're gonna be all right.

If you give up half of 30 THOUSAND.....you might just have to kill somebody!!!

I ain't movin' back in with my Momma cuz YOU AIN'T IN LOVE!!!!"

Exaggerated for the sake of laughs, of course, but my point is, it's probably easier to absorb a divorce when you have money to spare.

However, I'm not going to assume he told this girl he was leaving his wife. It could have been something she dreamed up in her obviously unstable mind.