7/5 Sox @ Royals 1:10 WGN

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I guess we can celebrate Scott Linebrinks new found 97 mph fastball. Woo Hoo.

Sure, it's off from time-to-time, no different than any other radar gun at any other stadium. They aren't 100% accurate, but you make it sound as if it is off for every single pitch, and that is simply false.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
As for the powder blues, not a big fan. I think the Royals should go with a complete overhaul of their current logos and uniforms, and start up a new look. Maybe throw a crown onto the hat.

I don't completely disagree, I think they should sport the "crown" logo with the solid royal alternates. The Royals have 4 different jerseys, and 3 of them say "Royals" across the front. Either make the powder blues the road alternates and have "Kansas City" across the front, or do so with the royal blue ones.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
We need to be taking advantage of Minny beating up on the Tigers, when we play teams like the Royals.

After today, the season series will either be tied, or the Royals will have the lead by one game. Can't remember which.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
With each crappy performance by Richard he looks less appealing as part of a package deal.

If he was looking so good then he wouldn't be traded . I'm really sure that other GM's especially in the NL know he can develop into a quality starter and he's lefty so very appealing.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
If he was looking so good then he wouldn't be traded . I'm really sure that other GM's especially in the NL know he can develop into a quality starter and he's lefty so very appealing.

These are normal struggles for a young lefty. See: Danks's 2007 numbers that I posted in another thread. The kid's got talent, he's still working through that "Trying to make the pefect pitch every time he throws something" phase right now, and he doesn't yet really seem to know how to set up and dismantle hitters like our other guys have learned to do. This is why young pitching takes time to develop. In 2 years, if he's coming out and lighting teams up, we'll be greatful we gave him the chance.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
Alexei is an absolute disgrace at SS. He has no idea how to take an angle to cut a ball off in the hole.

5-2 road trip,not bad and we don't lose any ground...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
5-2 road trip,not bad and we don't lose any ground...

That's a terrible mindset to have. The Tigers had 3 games on the road in Minnesota, and we were playing great baseball heading into KC against a struggling team.

We should sweep the Tribe. They are throwing Sowers, Laffey, and Huff, while we're throwing Buehrle, Contreras, and Richard/Carrasco.

In Minnesota, we'll throw Danks, Floyd, and Buehrle, which means we should atleast win 2. Key word- SHOULD

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
We should sweep the Tribe. They are throwing Sowers, Laffey, and Huff, while we're throwing Buehrle, Contreras, and Richard/Carrasco.

In Minnesota, we'll throw Danks, Floyd, and Buehrle, which means we should atleast win 2. Key word- SHOULD

We're getting Liriano, Blackburn, and Baker

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
We're getting Liriano, Blackburn, and Baker

Dating back to June 10, Liriano has thrown 32 innings and has given up 15 ER. Baker had a good month of June (3.2 ERA). Blackburn is obviously their best SP. It should be a good series.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
bloomquist has played well against us this season...it'd be nice to see the sox make a deal for him before the trade deadline and would make our bench that more versatile

We have absolutely no need for a hitter to face LHP.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
bloomquist has played well against us this season...it'd be nice to see the sox make a deal for him before the trade deadline and would make our bench that more versatile

Willie Bloomquist Sucks. What we’re seeing here is a Puntoesque fluke. By no means should any team look to acquire Wille Bloomquist and the deadline and call it an upgrade.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)

He's a nice player, but I like to think he'd be a lot better and more useful if he weren't playing every day...