7/5 Sox @ Royals 1:10 WGN

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
Everytime it looks like we are finally finding our stride and breaking out, we revert back to our old sucky selves.

I'm still extremely pissed that we rested AJP and Thome yesterday. Seems like Ozzie took his foot off the pedal.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
Everytime it looks like we are finally finding our stride and breaking out, we revert back to our old sucky selves.

I know one thing, I'll be extremely pissed if this team just hangs in mediocrity and we do nothing at the deadline. Either play like contenders, or play like the bad team we are. This middle ground s*** is only gonna hurt us in the long run.

The middle ground is where we are going to end up in my opinion. We won't trade away anybody at the deadline, and we won't make the playoffs either. It's a very painful and very real possibility.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
The middle ground is where we are going to end up in my opinion. We won't trade away anybody at the deadline, and we won't make the playoffs either. It's a very painful and very real possibility.

Yep, that would definitely be worst case scenario. With less than 10 teams looking to sell, we could get some good offers for Dotel/Contreras/Dye.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Why the f*** is Carrasco still out there?

Honestly, at this point I'm hoping he gives up 5 more runs.

If Poreda can't pitch today, he'll never pitch.

I still don't understand why we started Poreda's clock so he can sit in the bullpen, and eat sunflower seeds.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Why the f*** is Carrasco still out there?

Honestly, at this point I'm hoping he gives up 5 more runs.

If Poreda can't pitch today, he'll never pitch.

I'm guessing they're holding back Poreda for the Cleveland series.... because the Sox prefer to load up as many lefties against them as possible.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
I'm guessing they're holding back Poreda for the Cleveland series.... because the Sox prefer to load up as many lefties against them as possible.

We have tomorrow off...I think Ozzie's just tying to get Carrasco a few innings. Poreda will likely pitch in the 7th or 8th. However, this is another example of why Gobble is an absolute waste of space on this roster.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
With each crappy performance by Richard he looks less appealing as part of a package deal.

Am I the only one who paid any attention at all to how we went about developing Danks and Floyd in 2007?

I'm not too worried about Ricard. He doesn't have the ceiling of Danks or Floyd, but I think with some development, he could be a real solid no. 4....

I'd still trade him along with Poreda for an ace, but that's a different story.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Am I the only one who paid any attention at all to how we went about developing Danks and Floyd in 2007?

You can't just run out a mediocre young pitcher and assume they'll be better the next year because of it. Richard does not have the stuff that Danks and Floyd had.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)

A lot harder to do though when you're actually competing. KW and Ozzie have to make a decision soon, as Richard just isn't giving us what we need as a starter and might be more valuable in the bullpen (especially with Thornton's recent struggles).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
We have tomorrow off...I think Ozzie's just tying to get Carrasco a few innings. Poreda will likely pitch in the 7th or 8th. However, this is another example of why Gobble is an absolute waste of space on this roster.

Brilliant thinking from Guillen. Give a few innings to the guy who last pitched June 27th, and ignore the guy who hasn't pitched since that date as well.

It'd be good if he can finish the game. I dont even want to see Thornton, Dotel or Linebrick

For those not watching, Hawk basically flat out blamed Alexei for today and yesterday's loss by changing the momentum of the series.

Also, very disappointing to see this team go down without a fight for the second straight game. I really don't want to have to watch Fields and Castro face RHP again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)

...or how pitchers have been developed throughout the history of baseball. But everything has to weighed against winning the division at this point. Throwing Poreda out there for a start or 2 won't hurt anything.