Charlis Burdie

maggsmaggs

Okay, so he's 22 in Low-A ball, which isn't exactly young, but not too old, either. But I was looking at his numbers and wow!

43 innings, 17 hits, 1.67 ERA, 16 BBs and 48 Ks. Even in low-A ball, if you are missing that many bats and racking up that many strikeouts, your stuff must be legit. So anyone know what kind of stuff he has? Could be a future set-up man/closer. Just looked at his splits, too, righties are hitting .080 against him. That is pretty ridiculous.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
He's been a strike out guy since the DSL and I've been saying he could be solid since then, but the Sox don't seem to think too highly of him.

Why do you say that?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
What was he in high school/college? Starter or reliever?

He was signed as UDFA from the Dominican. His first pro season in America he was a starter at Bristol in 2007. Was solid, but nothing great. Then moved to a reliever in 2008 and really took off.

I'm pretty psyched about how many good pitchers we are seeing from Kanny this year. Some were already promoted or moved to the rotations, but, look at the pitchers that were on Kanny's opening day roster, and how they are doing right now: Hudson, Sauer, Infante, Leesman, Dex Carter, Nathan Jones, Remenowsky, O'Neill, Burdie, Corely, Edwards... and now Griffith being added. Those are a lot of guys who are putting up very good numbers.