Mark Buehrle selected to the All-Star Game

fathom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Peter Gammons said Zobrist is his AL MVP for the first half.

No denying he has had a good first half, but JD is better in every stat (minus SBs). And yes granderson should not be there. Also sucks that JD did not even make the vote.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
How can Madden justify putting Ben Zobrist in over JD???

When it comes to reserves, managers typically take their own guys if they can.

Zobrist played well enough to be in the conversation, so Dye would have needed an overwhelming edge to get the nod.

Frankly, I'm happy that our guys didn't get picked.

Let them rest up for the second half.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
Haha, Granderson made it over Jermaine.

Yeah that's unforgivable. Oh well, as long as the fans vote and one team gets a mandatory player the rosters won't be the best players. I like having each team with a player, but the fan voting is stupid.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
This is kind of OT but for some reason, Joe Maddon looks like a child molester to me. I just picture him riding around in one of those windowless work-release center vans with his stupid little Rays hat on and a box of candy sitting on the passengers seat next to the duct tape.

I could see him being a big fan of sausage, if you know what I mean. I think it's because of those glasses...

Seems like a good coach and baseball guy though.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
MLB All-Star voting is still a joke, and the fans prove again that they have no business having a say in who gets to play.

Yep.

If it was up to me, I'd have the teams picked by tallying votes by players and coaches... having the manager pick the reserves doesn't work because they always pick players on their team.

As for voting goes, you can leave the final man spot up to vote. Maybe make it the final reserve and final pitcher that you vote for.

Or, at the very least, limit voting to once per e-mail address. It'll cut down on some of the vote whores from the Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs.

JD should have gotten in over Granderson. Hell, what is Josh Hamilton doing on the roster? He's played 35 games this year. Can't believe the fans are stupid enough to vote a guy who hasn't even played 1/2 of the first half into the game...

Zobrist's spot is well deserved.

What bothers me is that Tim Wakefield made the damn team. 4.30 ERA with a high WHIP. Just because he's close to being done doesn't mean you put him on the damn team. It's not like Wakefield is Randy Johnson or something.