Mark Buehrle selected to the All-Star Game

fathom

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Dye is not even on the list of 5 to vote on .......I. Kinsler is on it and he will when hands down! Granderson has been s*** all year and has no business going!

My question is how did Kinsler not make the f***ing team when that midget Pedroia did. Ugh.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no reason why Pedroia should be on the team, let alone starting instead of Aaron Hill.

The reserve spot should have gone to either Kinsler or Cano. Both started off really hot, but have cooled down, but none-the-less, would be better options than Pedroia.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
There's no reason why Pedroia should be on the team, let alone starting instead of Aaron Hill.

The reserve spot should have gone to either Kinsler or Cano. Both started off really hot, but have cooled down, but none-the-less, would be better options than Pedroia.

Pedroia's got a SLG below .400. His OPS blows.

At least Kinsler and Cano hit for power.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
It really doesnt bother me about who was picked from the Sox this year....but next year I wanna see Slayer,Danks,Lexi,and Poreda make the team.

well we will just have to make it to the world seires now, wont we :)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
Yeah that's unforgivable. Oh well, as long as the fans vote and one team gets a mandatory player the rosters won't be the best players. I like having each team with a player, but the fan voting is stupid.

If it wasn't mandatory that each team have a representative, I'm sure the White Sox wouldn't even get a player in more often than not.

Someone please explain to me how

.308/12/46 = Jones

.286/16/44 = Zobrist

.256/18/34 = Granderson

are all better than

.291/20/51 = Dye

Seriously I dont see the logic. I thought the ASG was to select the best players, period! How is Curtis Granderson's .256BA even come close to an all star game, thats just embarrassing. And how does Ben "who the hell are you" Zobrest make the team with those eh not bad numbers. I mean seriously is this some kind of joke. Are these the best players or is someone trying to be nice to someone, this is Major League Baseball...not little leagues. It should be "your the best you go, your not you dont, u want to go, then get better" DONE

Edited by joeynach

Zobrist is definitely deserving, he's been awesome this year.

Adam "don't call me Pacman" Jones is borderline, but he does have the best average of all CF's, has put up some real good numbers, and is really good on D.

Granderson though, he has no business being on the team.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)

.308/12/46 = Jones

.286/16/44 = Zobrist

.256/18/34 = Granderson

are all better than

.291/20/51 = Dye

Jones is Baltimore's lone representative. Zobrist has had a pretty good season, so Maddon almost has to take him over the competition. Granderson - you got me there. JD has to be in over Granderson; there's really no excuse.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Jones is Baltimore's lone representative. Zobrist has had a pretty good season, so Maddon almost has to take him over the competition. Granderson - you got me there. JD has to be in over Granderson; there's really no excuse.

Mind boggling

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
MLB All-Star voting is still a joke, and the fans prove again that they have no business having a say in who gets to play.

I think the game is for the fans, not the players, and I do not mind letting the fans pick the players. I really think of it as a fan favorites game. Based on that, I also agree that . . .

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
I've always despised fan voting but even more so now that the game actually means something. You can't have it both ways imo, it's freakin stupid.

:notworthy

If JD were playing for the Yanks or Red Sox these last few years,he would easily make the ASG each year...

part of the blame goes to the Eastern SPorts Network (ESPN) for forever hyping up those two teams and the rest of the blame goes to ignorant fans who just vote out of name recognition.

JD had better numbers last year than Eva Longoria and didn't make it,this year is inexcusable...I'm seriously thinking in not even watching the game I'm so pissed.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)

.286/16/44 = Zobrist

And how does Ben "who the hell are you" Zobrest make the team with those eh not bad numbers. I mean seriously is this some kind of joke.

Dude, Ben Zobrist has the second highest OPS in the AL.

1. Joe Mauer 1.117

2. Ben Zobrist 1.015

3. Kevin Youkilis 1.007

He's slugging over .600, for Christ's sake.

Baseball card stats ain't gonna tell you the story.

LOL at Scott Podsednik even being in the conversation. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I still can't believe that dude has a starting gig.

Finally one of my personal favorite posters here is alive. Not the same round these parts without you around hammerhead. :)

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:56 AM)
LOL at Scott Podsednik even being in the conversation. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Mexsoxfan#2 beat me to it seconds before i posted it, but...

Inevitably you are gonna get ripped for talking down about the almighty. Several times. Possibly even more.

Why isn't Dye even on the list of five that you get to vote for?

Baseball is disgraceful. This guy is everything that's good about baseball and a WS MVP.

At least give Sox fans a chance to vote him in.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:56 AM)

This I agree with.

This would've made sense two months ago. It makes absolutely no sense right now.