Do you watch women's sports?

I would REALLY like it if they stopped putting women's scores on the bottom line on ESPN, especially college basketball. On multiple occasions I've glanced at it, seen a score that makes me think there's been a major upset or something, and right when I'm getting ready to freak out and try to figure out what the hell happened I see the "WNCAA" or "WCB" or "WBB" or whatever abbreviation next to it. :unsure:

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
I would REALLY like it if they stopped putting women's scores on the botom line on ESPN, especially college basketball. On multiple occasions I've glanced at it, seen a score that makes me think there's been a major upset or something, and right when I'm getting ready to freak out and try to figure out what the hell happened I see the "WNCAA" or "WCB" or "WBB" or whatever abbreviation next to it. :unsure:

I do the same thing all the time.

No one is watching the ticker just to see the women's bball scores, just take them off.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Not only do I not watch women's sports, I don't watch college sports either. If you're gonna watch sports, watch them at the best level. A friend of mine and I always get into this discussion.

Pretty lame. Sports at levels other than the highest level can be highly entertaining, competitive, well played, and have plenty of energy and passion.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Perfect thread for this:

Oh my god... that was 4 years ago. Kinda scary that I still remembered the thread when milkman mentioned it, but I guess it is one of those memorable types. Pretty funny thread.

Not unless it's the olympics or I know somebody on the team, although as I get older I will probably continue to at least pay attention to like NIU and Illinois women's teams. But overall, I guess my answer would generally be no. I don't hold anything against women's sports or women's athletes though.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Not only do I not watch women's sports, I don't watch college sports either. If you're gonna watch sports, watch them at the best level. A friend of mine and I always get into this discussion.

We're in the minority. I don't give a s*** about college sports. Nobody understands it, I've stopped bothering to explain.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
We're in the minority. I don't give a s*** about college sports. Nobody understands it, I've stopped bothering to explain.

I'm more of a pro guy than college guy myself.

I watched girls softball today because I'm a coach for them. First year coaches and we won the championship! haha

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)

agreed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
I have admitted on here that I am a fan of the College Softball World Series. I can watch women's college basketball if it is two good teams playing each other, but that seems rare.

I watch the women's softball World Series every year.

I also watch the LPGA anytime it is on. I am a big Lorena Ochoa fan. I find the LPGA easier to follow than the PGA because there's really a lot less top players and the same ten women tend to compete every week. They make a few more mistakes than the men on the PGA and I can relate more to them. I don't relate amateur golf to the PGA at all. Also, have you ever seen Natalie Gulbis?!

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)

I also watch the LPGA anytime it is on. I am a big Lorena Ochoa fan. I find the LPGA easier to follow than the PGA because there's really a lot less top players and the same ten women tend to compete every week. They make a few more mistakes than the men on the PGA and I can relate more to them. I don't relate amateur golf to the PGA at all. Also, have you ever seen Natalie Gulbis?!

You got a new keyboard I see. ;)

GF allow you to get a new computer? :P

Welcome back! :cheers

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)

Whoa, a SuperSteve sighting...

I'd watch the LPGA if it was on more.

My room-mate in New York met Paula Creamer (she's sponsored by RBS IIRC, and he worked there for a year) and said she was absolutely lovely. There are some very nice looking female golfers out there.

And I watch the Gymnastics when it's on at the Olympics every 4 years for sure.