Attendence

LDF

In my opinion that crowd last night sucked for it being 30,000. Wasn't very loud at all until the last strike

And that wave had the entire ballpark (minus me) going and it lasted almost 10 minutes. Usually waves happen in a 10-1 game. No no, it's a tight 4-3 game and i'm trying to concentrate on a Graff at bat and i have a circus around me. He walked, i cheered, no one notices. That's gotta piss the players off. The thing never ended and that was the only time they were "into the game."

Disappointing for such a large number of people out there.

It was loud in the bleachers. Stay out of the upper deck, that is where all the quiet people like cwsox are. ;)

I hate the wave, but I doubt that it distracts or bothers the players. I am sure they are happy to be playing in front of crowds for a change instead of a small gathering of family and friends.

Well, maybe i'll go bleachers some more games. I'm usually upper deck. However, the wave started in right field if i can remember correctly.

Crowds don't necessarily have to be extremely loud, but i'd like to sit somewhere where the fans are into the game and are more knowledgeable than most (sit 300 level at Hawks games, huge difference than 100 level)

I really don't care who is around me and what they know. I know the game and so does my friend Huge. We are loud and into the whole game, keeping score including pitch counts. What others do is their problem. There just aren't that many hard core baseball fans to fill 30,000 plus seats, some people just go to have fun, see fireworks, eat, etc. I have no problem with them as long as they are not standing and blocking my view during the game.

This is why you see a difference when it is 15,000 as opposed to 30,000. The 15,000 that are out there when it is cold are the die hards that hang on every pitch. When you get 30,000, the good majority are people there for the entertainment more than the game itself.

Relax and enjoy the game. :D

Ya i see what you are saying. Usually i go with friends and we talk some good baseball and pay attention the game. I used to bring a little clicker thing to track pitch counts, but now they have it on the scoreboards on the baselines by the foul pole - i love that addition. Probly only matters to 5% of the people there, but for thos 5%, it is greatly appreciated.

I don't mind those people unless they are a distraction from the game (people standing up and eating and ordering food in the middle of a bases loaded jam - happened during sox/cubs games too many times). And the wave is certainly a huge distraction from the game. And for 30,000 people last night, i'd say about 25,000 were participating in that wave. Boooo

F.Y.I.

The pitch count they have on that board is always 1 or 2 off. Whoever runs it doesn't pay attention. Maybe he is doing the wave. :lol:

Good to know. Maybe they should let a good fan run it every game or something. However, 1 or 2 off isn't bad and doesn't make a huge difference. It's definitely nice to have.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion that crowd last night sucked for it being 30,000. Wasn't very loud at all until the last strike

And that wave had the entire ballpark (minus me) going and it lasted almost 10 minutes. Usually waves happen in a 10-1 game. No no, it's a tight 4-3 game and i'm trying to concentrate on a Graff at bat and i have a circus around me. He walked, i cheered, no one notices. That's gotta piss the players off. The thing never ended and that was the only time they were "into the game."

The wave started because the game was pretty boring in that the Sox had maybe one baserunner or two after the third inning. After they crushed the ball in the first three it appeared they lost interest. The players in the dugout were cheering with the wave. I think to some extent it shows interest and is like the whistling at Hawk games, a way to tell the players to get going.

The wave started because the game was pretty boring in that the Sox had maybe one baserunner or two after the third inning. After they crushed the ball in the first three it appeared they lost interest. The players in the dugout were cheering with the wave. I think to some extent it shows interest and is like the whistling at Hawk games, a way to tell the players to get going.

Oh geez, the whistling at Hawks games...now i can't get it out of my head.

It's not as bad as the wave, but it's a Hawks trademark i guess. It's certainly only a few people providing a distraction instead of thousands. I don't think you'll ever see a wave at a Hawks game

your "hip" went out with the 90's pally lol............these are the 2000's and they dont say stuff like that anymore.. its not pc..... :rolleyes:  lol.......and yeah i wouldnt get too excited about the attendance thing just yet....1.9 mil is a long way off still......... ;)

My "hip" went out in the 1940's and I wasn't even born yet. I'm the most unhip guy on the planet. I am pretty cool though. :D Seriously though Sox fans aren't lemmings. They'll show up when they're good and ready. Those tremendous walk up sales a couple of weeks ago before that disastrous road trip show that there is interest. Sox fans just don't want to get played again by management.