TRACK THE RACE!!!!!!!

MurcieOne

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man,  I really wanna get excited but u just never know with this team.  God I hope we kill Tampa...

I do too, but we're on this great 8 game winning streak and we're just a measly 3 games over the .500 mark...I wish we could've started at 53-50 and then go on our 8 game winning streak

Then I would be estatic...I just don't trust this team..they let us down too many times in the past..I want to see what they do against the Royals before i make a judgment on how excited or elated I will be..

You'll know when I'm excited when my Maggs quote in my sig comes down...

But I'm enjoying this current straek..Oh please..I hope we can get to like 12 or 13 in a row..that would get me pumped up :headbang

WAIT! MY TURN, JULY 31ST

SOX WIN!

ROYALS LOSE!

TWINS WIN.

1. KC 0 GB

2.SOX 1 GB

3.TWINS 5.5 GB

LETS CATCH THESE BUMS1

P.S I STILL HAVE HOPE!

No, no, no. I keep having to correct you guys. The Twins are 4.5 games back now. With them winning and KC losing the gained a game on the Royals...but not the Sox! :headbang

When you are looking for the division crown, the wins mean more than the loses:

1. Royals = 57 wins

2. WHITE SOX = 57 wins

3. Twinkies = 53 wins

This isn't Hockey. The fact that the Royals have 2 gms in hand in the loss column don't mean jack. Chances are they will have to play double hearders to make up those games. We all know how hard it is to win a double header. Even the NYY have a hard time doing it.

Not that it really matters. Next week the Royals visit the Cell.

Watch the changing of the guard.

When you are looking for the division crown, the wins mean more than the loses:

1. Royals = 57 wins

2. WHITE SOX = 57 wins

3. Twinkies = 53 wins

This isn't Hockey.  The fact that the Royals have 2 gms in hand in the loss column don't mean jack. Chances are they will have to play double hearders to make up those games.  We all know how hard it is to win a double header.  Even the NYY have a hard time doing it.

Not that it really matters. Next week the Royals visit the Cell. 

Watch the changing of the guard.

I don't know where you learned that but baseball standings have always regarded the loss column more important than the wins column for over a century. Winning percentage proves this, as the Royals have the edge in the winning percentage (.533-.532) even though they have less wins than the Sox (57-58) because they also have less losses (50-51).

Wins only mean more than/as much as losses when looking at the division standings when all teams have played the same number of games (say, at the end of the year, ideally). If not, the All-Important Loss Column takes precendence.

Not that the win/loss column mean anything when the teams are in a virtual tie on August 1. As long as they keep on hittin'.