Please don't do this...

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
I disagree.

what tools?

1. Running Speed: Advantage Pie

2. Arm strength: Advantage BA

3. Hitting for Average: Advantage Pie

4. Hitting for Power: Advantage BA

5. Fielding: Advantage BA.

Actually, now that I’ve broken it down I think you’re right. Well played, my friend.

I would do this trade for a few reasons. Josh Fields will be nothing more than a backup infielder on the Sox. Pie has a lot of great tools. He kind of has that Brian Anderson syndrom however when it comes to hitting. If he could figure out how to hit down in triple-a, he would be much more valuable via a trade to another team than Josh Fields would.

I'm okay with Pie for Fields.

Edited by GreatScott82

Fields to Baltimore makes sense because Mora is quickly declining and getting quite old, hence a replacement is needed sooner rather than later.

Would I want Felix Pie though? Eh probably not, I don't really see him being an upgrade on someone like BA or Pods overall, even though he is young and has good speed.

I'd either add something to try and get Adam Jones, add Getz to make a run at Roberts, maybe go after George Sherill (although that doesn't make sense after the Pena acquisition), or get some more spects into the system which KW isn't likely to do.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
Fields to Baltimore makes sense because Mora is quickly declining and getting quite old, hence a replacement is needed sooner rather than later.

Would I want Felix Pie though? Eh probably not, I don't really see him being an upgrade on someone like BA or Pods overall, even though he is young and has good speed.

I'd either add something to try and get Adam Jones, add Getz to make a run at Roberts, maybe go after George Sherill (although that doesn't make sense after the Pena acquisition), or get some more spects into the system which KW isn't likely to do.

The O's aren't trading Adam Jones, why would they?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
I would do this trade for a few reasons. Josh Fields will be nothing more than a backup infielder on the Sox. Pie has a lot of great tools. He kind of has that Brian Anderson syndrom however when it comes to hitting. If he could figure out how to hit down in triple-a, he would be much more valuable via a trade to another team than Josh Fields would.

I'm okay with Pie for Fields.

I agree that Fields is going to have a tough time finding a place to play unless another infielder gets moved. Maybe he's next at 1B after Paulie, but that's a couple of years away. You aren't going to use him as a defensive replacement. With Pie, if he had an option left, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but he doesn't so I'm not so sure. Something might click with the guy and he could be a nice ballplayer, but he probably just be fodder. I think I'd trade Fields but hold off for something better or someone who might not have as high of ceiling as Pie, but who can be sent down and will most likely perform just as well. Pie hit .362 in AAA as a 22 year old. He's had some impressive minor league numbers but his 350 AB in the major leagues have been pretty forgetable.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)

I just want to know the name of the liquor you were consuming when you typed this. That had to be some POTENT ass s***. I'd like to try it.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
I lost all respect for mlbtraderumors.com once Tim Dierkes posted that it's against the rules to syndicate their content. All of their content is syndicated. hypocrit

This rumor was in the Baltimore Sun yesterday. They said they talked to the Sox about Pie in a deal for Fields but they aren't sure if the Sox had any interest. Pie is better than Owens and Wise in the long run.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
I just want to know the name of the liquor you were consuming when you typed this. That had to be some POTENT ass s***. I'd like to try it.

Let's get whatever it is to MacPhail too and then give him Kenny Williams's number. We might be able to get Wieters off them if we play this right.

Should we bring chloroform for good measure?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
MLBTR doesn't make s*** up. Other writers do, and they report it. This is from the Baltimore Sun.

Mlbtr sure as hell used to make things up. The owner himself, not just other sources, that is a fact.

See for yourself... make sure to read the whole thread.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Mlbtr sure as hell used to make things up. The owner himself, not just other sources, that is a fact.

See for yourself... make sure to read the whole thread.

That's funny. The reactions to the proposed trade are also pretty funny (specifically that the Cubs would be crazy to give up Rich Hill and Matt Murton for one year of Carlos Lee).

Edited by JorgeFabregas