7/8 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Flowers 2-3 with a 2B and and RBI

Danks 1-4 with a 2B

Viciedo 1-4 with an RBI

You're welcome. Just kidding, but I did get all three of their autographs, plus 12 other players tonight. The Barons team set just came out for those of you interested. Funny story, Viciedo was swarmed for autographs, and people kept asking him things in English. He doesn't speak a word of it, and instead of saying "thank you" to him, I said "gracias." But every time someone said something to him in English, he just nodded his head. Even when a kid asked him if he played 1st base, he nodded yes. I wanted to make sure I got some of their autographs before they're traded for Russ Springer, David Weathers & Matt Herges.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Daniel Black just destroyed the ball tonight. Going 3-4 with a 2b, 3B and an RBI

Heavy D!!! :headbang

Still sureal to see him in the sox organization.

Oh.. and Brent Morel is hitting like he's possessed.

Edited by SoxAce

I'm very excited about Morel, I remember hearing sickels say he could potentially end up being a Joe Randa type, and i remember him having an above average glove in college so I'm glad to see him starting to hit well again. I would love to see a very solid bat and glove anchoring 3B with Beckham moving back to 2B in the not too distant future; something along the lines of 750-815OPS

for frame of reference

Joe Crede's career OPS .752

Joe Randa's career OPS .765

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 06:53 AM)
I'm very excited about Morel, I remember hearing sickels say he could potentially end up being a Joe Randa type, and i remember him having an above average glove in college so I'm glad to see him starting to hit well again. I would love to see a very solid bat and glove anchoring 3B with Beckham moving back to 2B in the not too distant future; something along the lines of 750-815OPS

for frame of reference

Joe Crede's career OPS .752

Joe Randa's career OPS .765

There's nothing about Joe Crede type offense at 3B that gets me excited. For his career Crede was worth around 27.6 runs less than an average 3B, the only way you can get away with that type of offense is if you play, well, Joe Crede like defense.

Shirek just having no problem with AA hitters so far.

This Joseph Serafin kid is looking intriguing. He's pitched 4 games (2 starts), 17 innings, and has yet to give up a run of any kind. He's also struck out 11 and walked just 1, given up just 6 hits in those 17 innings (for a .109 AvgA), making his WHIP 0.41. I'm thinking he may need a bit more of a challenge than the Appy League.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
Flowers is just a monster, ops up to .970. I'm interested to see where he'll be rated when another top 100 prospects list comes out.

If they think he'll stick at catcher, top 25.

If they don't, top 100.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
If they think he'll stick at catcher, top 25.

If they don't, top 100.

BaseballAmerica released their mid-season top 50 today, and Flowers was nowhere to be found. In fact, no White Sox made the list, not even Danks.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
BaseballAmerica released their mid-season top 50 today, and Flowers was nowhere to be found. In fact, no White Sox made the list, not even Danks.

Of the guys the Sox had in the top 100 preseason, 2 are in the Majors, Viciedo isn't hitting and most don't think Flowers can stick at catcher. Flowers isn't a top 50 overall prospect as a 1B, he's a top 100 though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
Of the guys the Sox had in the top 100 preseason, 2 are in the Majors, Viciedo isn't hitting and most don't think Flowers can stick at catcher. Flowers isn't a top 50 overall prospect as a 1B, he's a top 100 though.

Disagree, if Yonder Alonso can be a top 15 prospect, and Lars Anderson a top 50 prospect, then Flowers has to be considered a top 50 prospect regardless of 1B/C. In fact, Danks is putting up similar numbers as Alonso at #15.

Lars Anderson, 21, AA, .260, 8 HR 41 RBI, .353 OBP, .755 OPS

Yonder Alonso, 22, A/AA, .287, 8 HR, 45 RBI, .360 OBP, .830 OPS

Tyler Flowers, 23, AA, .298, 12 HR, 41 RBI, .439 OBP, .981 OPS

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
Disagree, if Yonder Alonso can be a top 15 prospect, and Lars Anderson a top 50 prospect, then Flowers has to be considered a top 50 prospect regardless of 1B/C. In fact, Danks is putting up similar numbers as Alonso at #15.

Lars Anderson, 21, AA, .260, 8 HR 41 RBI, .353 OBP, .755 OPS

Yonder Alonso, 22, A/AA, .287, 8 HR, 45 RBI, .360 OBP, .830 OPS

Tyler Flowers, 23, AA, .298, 12 HR, 41 RBI, .439 OBP, .981 OPS

I'm not saying I agree with the rankings, I just understand the logic. Alonso may be a bit overrated, but age is a big factor with Anderson.