AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Heads22

I agree. This is starting to feel like last year, like we can at least win the division. GOOD PLACE TO BE IN! I never thought we'd go that far last year.

And Contreras? Amazing.

This is like the 2005 all-star rebound tour! (Thinking of Pods).

I'll take it!

Another solid win and pitching was good again! Alexei really starting to hit, love to see him take it the opposite way every now and then, keep the pitchers honest.

Box score on MLB.com had attendance as 26,772, considering how crappy the weather was all day today, that's a solid number

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
Another solid win and pitching was good again! Alexei really starting to hit, love to see him take it the opposite way every now and then, keep the pitchers honest.

Box score on MLB.com had attendance as 26,772, considering how crappy the weather was all day today, that's a solid number

I think that's the effect that Beckham has had on the team since being called up. I'm pretty sure I've noticed a lot of the other players swinging more for doubles and singles, along with going to the opposite field, in recent weeks.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
What's Jose's ERA now since he came back from AAA?

4.54 on the year

4-2 2.06 since hes been back i believe

:cheers

theres a chance we could have added that ace right handed starter and a huge bat without giving up anything in jose and quentin. that would be make us a definite world series contender if jose can keep this up

also good job to the offense scoring 5 without a hr

Not sure if it's possible to win a World Series with Chris Getz and an Anderson/Wise platoon OR Scotty Pods playing CF three years after Ozzie seemingly disqualified him from playing that position for the Sox again, but it's CERTAINLY nice to have this feeling again, almost (but not quite) as exciting as that homestretch and one game playoff last season.

Beckham will be our first since Ordonez/Lee/Durham to make such an impact as a positional player. It took Crede and Rowand 2-3 years to really stake their claim as starters for us.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:52 PM)
I think that's the effect that Beckham has had on the team since being called up. I'm pretty sure I've noticed a lot of the other players swinging more for doubles and singles, along with going to the opposite field, in recent weeks.

I agree, the trickle down effect he is having on the rest of the lineup is very noticeable to me as well

Not sure if it's possible to win a World Series with Chris Getz and an Anderson/Wise platoon OR Scotty Pods playing CF three years after Ozzie seemingly disqualified him from playing that position for the Sox again, but it's CERTAINLY nice to have this feeling again, almost (but not quite) as exciting as that homestretch and one game playoff last season.

Don't forget, we've had a healthy dose of Cleveland/KC lately, though we did beat the Dodgers and Cubs. The Pods thing is sort of scary; he's been so comfortable and we'll be moving him soon. Keep BA around just in case. Pods' defense may be a horror story out in cf.

What I found interesting was the weather. For three months, we've heard about the bats being quiet because of the cold weather. Well, it wasn't warm last night and the Sox scored 5. Good news: The Sox are finding ways to score without HRs using those things called hit-and-run's, steals and going the opposite way. Bad news: No more excuses for slow starts, fellas.