7/9 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
I'm not insinuating Clayton is as bad, I'm just implying I'm having a flashback because of today. It reminded me of a certain 2004 montreal start. I forget the guy's name now, but it was hilariously bad.

Arnie munoz.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
Very true. But it also means don't count him out for the future.

Hopefully he can regain what he had in May, because he was electric. It seemed no one could do anything to stop him. He's all but lost it completely. Not ready to give up on him for his career, but he definitely needs to go back to AAA. It worked for Contreras.. why not for Clayton?

Arnie Munoz.

That's the game Uribe almost single handedly kept us in it with almost 10 RBI's when he was hitting around .400.

Munoz reportedly had a great curveball...lol.

That darned Willie Harris screwed up a bunt late in the game or we could have won, but it was entertaining at least, enough that I remember it vividly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
What? you think DJC will be in for the rest of this game? Poreda will pitch some time in this game.

I'm pretty sure it's just a general beef over the fact that Poreda's up and just wasting away, not being used at all.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
Hopefully he can regain what he had in May, because he was electric. It seemed no one could do anything to stop him. He's all but lost it completely. Not ready to give up on him for his career, but he definitely needs to go back to AAA. It worked for Contreras.. why not for Clayton?

A bullpen stint for him could be effective medicine as well. With a lot of these young guys, figuring out ways to get people out and throw strikes when you don't have everything working usually seems to be the key step between being a 5th starter and being an effective middle rotation guy, and that's always what takes time.

Let's just be thankful we don't have to anticipate Wasserman, Russell, Sierra, Augustin Montero, Sean Tracey or Jeff Nelson coming into the wretched game.

The Twins are starting four hitters with under a .655 OPS, shades of the White Sox offense a month ago.

Of course, Span/Mauer/Morneau/Cuddyer/Kubel aren't a bad "quintet."

Edited by caulfield12