7/9 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably both. AJ has no choice but to call for the FB.. Clayton can't throw anything else. He hung every breaking pitch, and had no movement otherwise.

Is it me or is Richard starting to resemble Rich Hill and lose it mentally? Control, too many FB's, and not listening at all. He is turning into our headcase version of Hill. Jeez.

Just checked in with MLB Game Day. Also read the story on Chisox.com. It does appear the Clayton Richard was not ready on three days rest nor ready to redeem himself. Less than two innings is pretty pathetic. But, as far as the game is concerned there is plenty of time to come back

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
I have no problem with ozzie not starting richard the rest of the year...but after he gave up the slam...you gotta keep him in the game just for innings.....

Bullpen will now be taxed going into the series at the Baggie in Minneapolis...thank God the All-Star break is four days away.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
I have no problem with ozzie not starting richard the rest of the year...but after he gave up the slam...you gotta keep him in the game just for innings.....

Due to that we may see carrasco's era around 5.5 after this game.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Why wouldn't we just start Danks on regular rest? Might as well try and go for the easier win today. Danks wasn't very good against Minny last season anyway.

Game 163 says "Hi."

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
OK...so who was that home run on? He throws all FB to Francisco...walks him. Then Shoppach, who sees this, sits on a FB...and gets? A fastball. And hammers it? Is that on Clayton or AJ?

Carrasco not fully warmed up and shows it with a walk.

Richard had no slider...he either left it out over the plate or missed with it completely, so there was little choice with Ozzie or AJ to go with any other pitch there.

Looking like the Thursday day game in May where we got absolutely clocked by the Twins after winning the first two.

Jesus...I guess we really don't want to sweep the Indians. Not so good in the end to be 7-5 against a team in our division that's almost 20 games under .500 and 6-6 against the Royals.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
I have officially taken too much acid in my lifetime, because I'm sure as hell having a 2004 fifth starter flashback right now

The 2003-2004 5th starter never put up a single performance as good as Richard was in May.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
The 2003-2004 5th starter never put up a single performance as good as Richard was in May.

Unfortunately, it's not May anymore. Three starts in May does not guarantee him a spot the rest of the year.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
Unfortunately, it's not May anymore. Three starts in May does not guarantee him a spot the rest of the year.

Very true. But it also means don't count him out for the future.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)

I'm not insinuating Clayton is as bad, I'm just implying I'm having a flashback because of today. It reminded me of a certain 2004 montreal start. I forget the guy's name now, but it was hilariously bad.