7/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
Haren is younger, and is signed through 2013 at an average rate of about 12.25M. As for the superior pitcher, it's actually much closer than you think.

Haren, 73-57, 3.55 ERA, 1,118 IP, 1068 hits, 931 K's, 247 BB's, 1.18 WHIP

Halladay, 141-69, 3.47 ERA, 1,930 IP, 1,881 hits, 1,393 K's, 437 BB's, 1.20 WHIP

I think it would require a very similar package, Scenario thinks Haren would cost more, which I could actually believe.

And don't forget, Halladay makes most of his starts against the AL East, while Haren is in the NL.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
I think you might be the only one. Kroeger has a sub 800 OPS in AAA. Why the love?

Looking at his career, knowing the back story and why he stalled a few years ago after being a solid prospect, seeing what he did at Iowa last year, watching him in ST, seeing that his awful April masks partially a decent season so far... I just think he's got something to offer as a bench guy, more so than Wise, more so than Fields in certain aspects. But it doesn't matter much, he's got no place on the Sox barring some new injury issues. When TCQ got injured, I would rather have had Kroeger on the team than Wise, but that was a different scenario at the time.