Do the Twins really own us in their park...? Myth?

caulfield12

2000 4-2 (clinched division on their turf, Jeff Abbott game?)

2001 1-2

2002 1-5

2003 0-3 (swept down the stretch)

2004 0-3

2005 4-2

2006 3-3

2007 2-1

2008 1-6

16-27

Plus we always have that weird 10 or 11 am start because of a Minnesota afternoon football game. I think McCarthy faced the Twins in 2005 in that situation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 04:08 AM)
2000 4-2 (clinched division on their turf, Jeff Abbott game?)

2001 1-2

2002 1-5

2003 0-3 (swept down the stretch)

2004 0-3

2005 4-2

2006 3-3

2007 2-1

2008 1-6

16-27

Plus we always have that weird 10 or 11 am start because of a Minnesota afternoon football game. I think McCarthy faced the Twins in 2005 in that situation.

My first Sox game was the game the Sox clinched on September 23, 2000 I believe. My next Sox game I went to see was one of those early games 5 years later in 2005 when Orlando Hernandez faced Johan Santana. McCarthy pitched a couple innings in the game. Dye missed a go ahead home run by a few feet foul in the 9th.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Its hard to play baseball when you assume this position before you walk on the field.

head_up_your_ass.jpg

We are a self fulfilling joke up there. The twins are not a spectacular team, they however are a fundamentally sound team. We go up there for years, kick the ball around, walk people and make mistakes. We put them in a position to win, and they step on our necks everytime. The thing that sickens me, is this cublike attitude from the organization of self pitty, and turning the HHH into the boogeyman's home. We lose games up there more because we play s***ty baseball more than the boogeyman. Its not a curse, its not the dome. Its s***ty baseball against a fundamentally sound team. The fact that everyone from the Manager, to the TV guys bend over and admit defeat is disgusting. Play hard, if they win so beat it. But stop stepping on your own dicks because you are scared of a f***ing cement s***hole.

And for the love of god, can we stop pitching to Mauer with men on. His contact rate is through the roof.

I don't know what it means to be a self fulfilling joke, but your last sentence couldn't be more contradictory of the rest of your statement. Mauer's a very good hitter, but if you don't go after him. Morneau's gonna hurt you, and if he doesn't. Kubel is the biggest sox killer of them all. If you go up there saying you're gonna pitch around Mauer, you're completely screwed.

Hey they've owned us at their park, but we've done a very good job against them so far this season, especially at our home ground, and that should be a positive, especially considering the Twinkies aren't going to be playing in that dome for much longer.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
Hey they've owned us at their park, but we've done a very good job against them so far this season, especially at our home ground, and that should be a positive, especially considering the Twinkies aren't going to be playing in that dome for much longer.

The dome should have been the World Series MVP in 1987 and '91. Combined World Series record for those two seasons was 8-0 at home, 0-6 away. They benefitted from luck of the draw in alternating home field advantage in those years and that damned dome.

Aside from the fact that the building looks like the Michelin man had a heart attack and collapsed dead in the middle of an otherwise very nice downtown, I don't know why they would ever want to move to a new park.