Great Moral Victory Tonight

chisoxt

I had to listen to XM radio Friday night and in that debacle by Danks in the 1st inning I had to wonder if the ump was screwing with Jon and the Sox. Even the Twinkies announcers said pitches the ump called balls were in fact strikes in their opinion. But, yes for whatever reason Danks did poorly and even though the offense came back again our relief people couldn't perform. There is no moral victory for the second night in a row our starter sucked and the relief pitchers blew. What can be called a victory is Saturday is a new game. By the way it's on WGN tonight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
I'd much rather have my best players going against the best teams, especially when we are in a race with them. Besides if Danks would have pitched like that against Cleveland, he might not have won that game either.

Rotation juggling this early in the season doesn't make much sense. Especially since we're setting up the rotation against the 3rd place team in the division. Might be a different story if it was against Detroit.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 03:25 AM)
coming from someone who was late to today's game (stupid construction) I would say i don't feel too positive about the series after tonight's game.

Wise is just so worthless

That will bring up the continuing debate of who goes when CQ is back? D Wise or B Anderson? I like Wise, but he is way under performing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
Rotation juggling this early in the season doesn't make much sense. Especially since we're setting up the rotation against the 3rd place team in the division. Might be a different story if it was against Detroit.

Recognizing that we want our best pitchers going where we have the most troubles winning is a great move. Especially since we are in third place if we get swept in this series.

Besides we all know if Thornton pitches around Mauer, Morneau would have hit the ball 500 feet anyway. It really isn't going to be a good situation either way.

True.

But Mauer's batting average is so good right now, it seemed the obvious move with first base open. If it's a close game, let's see what we're going to be b****ing about tonight cause we don't win close games up there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Recognizing that we want our best pitchers going where we have the most troubles winning is a great move. Especially since we are in third place if we get swept in this series.

This supposed great move resulted in consecutive losses so I'm not sure how great it was.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
This supposed great move resulted in consecutive losses so I'm not sure how great it was.

I would have rather they called up any pitcher from the minors than force Richard to go on 3 days rest. Gobble as a starter that day would have been a better idea.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
We'll find out the next 2 days.

I was debating whether flipping Danks and Richard was a good idea. Ozzie flipped them and both wound up losing so it looks like it wasn't a very good idea. The next two days have nothing to do with it.