Arturo Gatti Dies

His 23 year old wife is the suspect. They say he was killed by being suffocated by the strap of a purse.

You would think he would be able to fight off his wife if he was being choked

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4322072

Police said 23-year-old Amanda Rodrigues was taken into custody after contradictions in her interrogation. Gatti's body was found early Saturday in a hotel room at the Porto de Galinhas resort in northeastern Brazil.

The former junior welterweight champion was apparently strangled with the strap of a purse, which was found at the scene with blood stains, said Milena Saraiva, a spokeswoman for the Pernambuco state civil police. She told The Associated Press that the Canadian also had a head injury.

The investigation was not complete, but Saraiva said authorities were preparing to present a formal accusation against Rodrigues, who denied being involved in her husband's death.

Edited by KyYlE23

So this badass boxer gets strangled by a 23 year old woman?

He had to be drugged or hit in the head with something very hard, or else this wouldn't make any sense. Im not a boxer, but no woman is killing me with her bare hands.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
First McNair's girlfriend, now Gatti's wife. f***ing crazy ass women. I think it's time to go gay.

Let's not get carried away...I would just not have sex and go into priesthood...oh wait :lolhitting

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)

He had to be drugged or hit in the head with something very hard, or else this wouldn't make any sense. Im not a boxer, but no woman is killing me with her bare hands.

helle.jpg

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
helle.jpg

That doesn't prove anything, whats her height/weight? Strength?

Even though there are those muscle chicks out there, most of the time they aren't THAT strong and freakish.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
That doesn't prove anything, whats her height/weight? Strength?

Even though there are those muscle chicks out there, most of the time they aren't THAT strong and freakish.

That's freakish in my book.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Didn't they say he was drunk and possibly had a head injury?? There is no way she could have killed him like that if he wasn't. IMO

I didn't see he had a head injury on ESPN, but they did say he was drunk earlier..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 06:26 AM)

The theory is that she struck him in the head, then strangled him with her purse strap.

My guess is she probably attacked him while he was asleep, that seems to be how cases like these go.