AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!

SoxFan1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
Joe Crede > Twins

Joe Crede sucks, Gavin Floyd just doesn't know how to get him out. Anyways, great win tonight, although it shouldn't have been that difficult. This team is better built to win games up there, so hopefully we can put up a 4-5 or 5-4 record at the Metrodome here in it's final season.

This team has enough speed to win at the dome. Hopefully we can win a few more times there, so we can stop with this nonsense of a mythical boogeyman that makes our players tinkle.

Your posts about the dome and our play there are funny.

p.s. Joe Crede doesn't suck.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
Your posts about the dome and our play there are funny.

p.s. Joe Crede doesn't suck.

He's a low to mid 700's OPS guy who plays solid, but overrated defense (although I can't speak to what he's done defensively this year, I don't see a lot of Twins games). He may not suck, but he's pretty darn close, and anybody who loses a second of sleep over him being on the Twins is simply worrying too much about things.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Without Joe Crede there is no way the Sox win the 2005 World Series. Hell, they may not have even made the post season. So yeah, he sucks.

I appreciate what he did in 2005, and he was a needed piece in our title that year. But he still sucks, and he was still overrated during his tenure with us (although he didn't suck then, he hit for a bit more average and played better defense in 2005 than in say, 2008 and I'm sure 2009). You're allowed to realize both things.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
He's a low to mid 700's OPS guy who plays solid, but overrated defense (although I can't speak to what he's done defensively this year, I don't see a lot of Twins games). He may not suck, but he's pretty darn close, and anybody who loses a second of sleep over him being on the Twins is simply worrying too much about things.

You lost me at "overrated"

Crede may not be the player he once was, and he wasn't great with us by any means. But the man played a huge role in the stretch and post season run in 2005 and I believe he deserves a bit more respect than just saying he sucks.

When the Sox hold a reunion of the team in 2025, you young guys will be hitting your feet for Joe Crede because you will remember what he did and it's very possible that 2005 may be the only World Series victory you have ever experienced at that time. I was 47, almost 48, years old when I saw my first Sox WS Championship. I appreciate those guys. Each and every one of them. Crede, more than most.