AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!

SoxFan1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:53 AM)
Crede might not have had the greatest average in the world, he might not have had the greatest OBP, he certainly couldn't run, but he definitely was a better player than his stats indicated. When the Twins signed him, Gardenhire talked about him almost God-like. His teammates have always appreciated him, the pitchers loved him, and that means a lot. He didn't collect all his homer and rbi totals in routes. He didn't boot many balls in pressure situations(Although I do remember him dropping a Manny Ramirez pop up and the next pitch becoming a souvenier for someone in the bleachers). The guy came up big at the perfect time a lot more than most do with his same numbers. Not everyone who hits .250 with 20 homers and 75 rbi is equal. Rotisserie baseball isn't played on the field.

Well said.

As I was reading this thread I was prepared to make a long reply. It's not necessary. SS2K5, YASNY and Dick Allen said it best. Sometimes I think stat geeks are determined to squeeze every last ounce of joy out of the game. Joe Crede doesn't suck. Even if you're really into stats his defense is continually above average in a number of categories. This year he has been outstanding to date in the field. As for the game, I'm glad they won a tough one on the road against a team that usually gives them trouble. It was nice to see the bottom of the order come alive. Even better to see that they can score runs different ways and play the kind of game Ozzie likes to play. It would be such a lift to win this series going into the All Star game break.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
Joe Crede sucks, Gavin Floyd just doesn't know how to get him out. Anyways, great win tonight, although it shouldn't have been that difficult. This team is better built to win games up there, so hopefully we can put up a 4-5 or 5-4 record at the Metrodome here in it's final season.

We have seen Crede suck for years. There is no excuse why he should ever see anything but sliders low and away on every pitch.

On another note, and I don't want this to sound like a complaint because I've wanted to see the doubles and opposite field hits for years, but it really feels like we haven't hit many home runs in the past month.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
Crede may not be the player he once was, and he wasn't great with us by any means. But the man played a huge role in the stretch and post season run in 2005 and I believe he deserves a bit more respect than just saying he sucks.

When the Sox hold a reunion of the team in 2025, you young guys will be hitting your feet for Joe Crede because you will remember what he did and it's very possible that 2005 may be the only World Series victory you have ever experienced at that time. I was 47, almost 48, years old when I saw my first Sox WS Championship. I appreciate those guys. Each and every one of them. Crede, more than most.

Joe Crede sucks.

Timo Perez sucks.

Willie Harris sucks.

Cliff Politte sucks.

Dustin Hermanson sucks.

I appreciate what they all contributed to the team in 2005, and yes, I will cheer for them all at a reunion. But, the above sentences are statements of fact either way.

that's what happens when you follow a team and begin to like the players. I'm not a big albert belle fan, but he was way better than Joe Crede. But I've seen 5 joe crede walk-offs live in my life. More than any other player on the sox. It's not really homerific to root for a player. That's why you watch baseball.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
We have seen Crede suck for years. There is no excuse why he should ever see anything but sliders low and away on every pitch.

On another note, and I don't want this to sound like a complaint because I've wanted to see the doubles and opposite field hits for years, but it really feels like we haven't hit many home runs in the past month.

We have hit 38 in the last 25 games.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
Yes. You would have lost 3 years of life because of the stress.

And congrats! Hope you had a blast ala The Hangover.

Well those years come off the end of your life, and those years suck anyway.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
Yes. You would have lost 3 years of life because of the stress.

And congrats! Hope you had a blast ala The Hangover.

Thanks very much - and yeah very hungover right now.

How do you guys feel bout watching losing games like this one when hungover? I feel like it's actually better- my body cannot move quick enough to bother getting upset. Like i'm too tired too frown really during this.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:03 AM)
If Mark Buehrle (using him as an example since he's probably one of the best "character guys" on the Sox) only lasts 2 innings and gives up 8 earned runs, and you asked him what he thought of his performance, could you see him saying "what can I say, I sucked tonight." I could.

3 2/3 innings, and damn you Lost! :lolhitting