7/12: Sox @ Twinkles: 1:10 CT, CSN

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Hell is having to watch every Sox/Twinkles game being called by the atrocious Bremer Blyleven duo...

Beckham needs to move from 3rd

Where are you going to move him? Getz/Nix combo is doing good at 2nd base.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
not saying he is just saying just bcuz someone throws harder than another doesnt mean he'll be successful

My point being, Poreda's entire reputation has been built on a tremendous fastball. He's a guy who throws a lot of pitches and hasn't mastered anything except the gas. If he's throwing 92, in the long run, he's probably no better than Alan Embree.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
taking our lumps - going to be that way all season. but in the end, gordo will be great

I still wished he ended up being our 2nd baseman (due to his hitting ability compared to others at his position), but it seems like he's the 3rd baseman of the future.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
I guess Ventura's and Crede's defense at 3rd spoiled me, but good lord Gordon Beckham is an absolute butcher at the hot corner.

He has been terrible. But it can't be easy to learn a difficult position on the fly in the major leagues.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
He has been terrible. But it can't be easy to learn a difficult position on the fly in the major leagues.

and he doesn't take it to the plate with him, which is a good sign as well. Did you read that article about him today in the sun times? he's quite the competitor.