7/12: Sox @ Twinkles: 1:10 CT, CSN

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Yeah, saw that in your last post that said "He had a plane to AZ to catch."

In other notes, I wouldn't mind dealing Jenks to get the prospects to get Halladay, but I want no part of any trade that includes Gordo...

Ugh, Halladay just scares me due to only one year left on his deal. It's highly unlikely JR and KW could match huge offers he'd get after 2010. For the amount we'd have to give up, one year and a few months of Roy just isn't worth it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
In other notes, I wouldn't mind dealing Jenks to get the prospects to get Halladay, but I want no part of any trade that includes Gordo...

yeah if we were to do that KW needs to be fired.... that is if he traded beckham in the deal

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Ugh, Halladay just scares me due to only one year left on his deal. It's highly unlikely JR and KW could match huge offers he'd get after 2010. For the amount we'd have to give up, one year and a few months of Roy just isn't worth it.

Well, I don't mind making a run at it this year as long as Gordo stays. If it means we deal Jenks, then so be it. We'd be one hell of a ballclub with that rotation, this bullpen, and this offense...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Well, I don't mind making a run at it this year as long as Gordo stays. If it means we deal Jenks, then so be it. We'd be one hell of a ballclub with that rotation, this bullpen, and this offense...

A bullpen minus Jenks isn't as impressive.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)

Obviously. But do you want 100 innings of Halladay or 35 innings of Jenks?

And next year, do you want 230 innings of Halladay or 75 innings of Jenks? Especially considering we'll have to really start paying Bobby soon anyways?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)

Yeah, the bullpen without Jenks could be scary unless Linebrink avoids his usual 2nd half meltdown.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)

Depends on whether we're thinking we can win it all this season or whether we're playing to be as good as we can each of the next few seasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Yeah, the bullpen without Jenks could be scary unless Linebrink avoids his usual 2nd half meltdown.

His career ERA in August and September is about 3.30. The only month that stands out as being typically bad for him is July.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)

I think it would be ok. Between Dotel, Thornton, Pena, Linebrink, Carrasco....I think that still matches up fairly well against most clubs....IF you could get Thornton to become a solid closer...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)

Dealing Jenks might be in the cards though. I am not going to say I wouldn't be concerned about a closer for the Sox, but the reality of it is we know we will have to give up plenty of talent to get a guy like Halliday. I don't want to raid the farm system though. But, if Jenks isn't trade bait to better the team who might be the pitcher (s)? Richard? Dotel? The Jays will want someone who can help them quickly I would think.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
I think it would be ok. Between Dotel, Thornton, Pena, Linebrink, Carrasco....I think that still matches up fairly well against most clubs....IF you could get Thornton to become a solid closer...

If Cooper can turn Pena in to a solid 7th/8th inning guy, then you could deal without both Jenks and Dotel...especially if you can pull DJ back together. If Pena and Carrasco continue to struggle though, then that bullpen is decidedly average.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Depends on whether we're thinking we can win it all this season or whether we're playing to be as good as we can each of the next few seasons.

I agree, but Jenks is impressive when on, but I think he hasn't been as effective lately. As far as our team play we sure sem to be having a hard time getting past that 2.5 games out. It will be really intersdting and I hope exciting ball when we take on tghe Carmines and Yankees

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
If Cooper can turn Pena in to a solid 7th/8th inning guy, then you could deal without both Jenks and Dotel...especially if you can pull DJ back together. If Pena and Carrasco continue to struggle though, then that bullpen is decidedly average.

What is Pena doing wrong that Cooper can fix? Maybe this is all Pena has to offer?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)

It's a chance I would be willing to take to get Halladay.

Between Doc, Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, and Contreras, we shouldn't need more than 2 relief arms on most nights...

We'd be one hell of a ballclub with that rotation, this bullpen, and this offense...

I don't know if we are going to be "one hell of a ballclub" at any point this year.

We are nothing to brag about despite winning six of our last seven series or whatever that stat is. That's a nice job by the team. They should be commended.

But we were one measley hit last night from predictably getting swept in the dome. We probalby can count on one or two wins at the most in our remaining games up there, probably one. Frustrating to bend over and get whacked in the ass AGAIN in the dome.

But the Sox winning all those series of late, gives them a pass this one time.