Futures Game Today: 1 PM Central, ESPN2

BearSox

I posted this in here because PHT gets more traffic than FutureSox and this way more people will notice it.

The game begins at 1 PM Central and is on ESPN2. Tyler Flowers will be USA's Starting Catcher and bat 7th. Viciedo is the World Team's reserve 3B.

From ESPN after the end of the 2 million hour rain delay:

6:03 p.m. ET

There will be baseball. How much, nobody is sure at this point. The announcement just came that the Futures Game will resume at 6:30 p.m. ET. The plan is still a seven-inning game … but there is a catch: No inning will start after 8:30 p.m. ET. So if they want to play seven innings, they better play quickly.

--Nick Pietruszkiewicz

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
I think Viciedo just grounded out to the pitcher, but I wouldn't know for sure with the Red Sox love fest going on.

It's ESPN. Would you really expect anything else?

Of course it sucks that you look forward to seeing Dayan's first at bat, and he goes after the first pitch. Come to think of it, he'll fit in just nicely with the big squad.

Edited by CSF

This is stupid, why would they not let them play the whole 9 innings? It's no fun if they stop after 7.

I don't love Flowers' set up at bat, but I don't dislike it either. Didn't get good enough of a feel for him. Viciedo, I saw 1 pitch.

Jayson Heyward is worth the hype.