Futures Game Today: 1 PM Central, ESPN2

BearSox

I'm not gonna lie, before today I was getting a little worried that Chris Carter would come back to burn us, but after seeing him today, I'm not all that worried anymore. Not impressed by him at bat, and he looks like a DH for sure.

Big fan of Tyson Gillies though. I love players who are not only hustlers and play the game right, but he's also a good player. Future leadoff hitter for sure if he can keep his BB:K ratio right around where its at now.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
Gillies also seemed like a great person

Yep. He seems like the perfect type of high energy player/person you'd want at the top of your lineup setting the table.

Also, does the USA have any SS prospects better than Danny Espinosa? Beckham would have likely been the starting SS had he still been in the minors. I like Espinosa, and he's a real good defensive SS, but he can't hit worth a lick.

I got another question... where did Alex Liddi come from? I've never heard of him before, and looking at his stats in the previous years, he never did much. And boom, this year he he is just hitting everything. Also, he was signed out of Italy as an undrafted free agent when he was 17. I didn't even know players in Europe could get drafted.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
I'm not gonna lie, before today I was getting a little worried that Chris Carter would come back to burn us, but after seeing him today, I'm not all that worried anymore. Not impressed by him at bat, and he looks like a DH for sure.

Only took 3 at bats to come to this conclusion, huh? OKKKKK. Anyway, I might be in the minority here, but I personally don't mind if a former White Sox farmhand does well with another organization. As long as it's not for a rival team (I.E. somebody from our division) or the Cubs, it doesn't bother me a bit. If anything, it gives more credibility to your minor league system as a whole. I'd imagine you'd have a lot more potential trade partners when it's been proven that guys that come through your system produce.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 06:20 AM)
Only took 3 at bats to come to this conclusion, huh? OKKKKK. Anyway, I might be in the minority here, but I personally don't mind if a former White Sox farmhand does well with another organization. As long as it's not for a rival team (I.E. somebody from our division) or the Cubs, it doesn't bother me a bit. If anything, it gives more credibility to your minor league system as a whole. I'd imagine you'd have a lot more potential trade partners when it's been proven that guys that come through your system produce.

Extremely small sample size, yes. But I didn't like 1 thing I saw out of him yesterday.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
No one answered it before and I want to ask it one more time...

Were there really no better USA Shortstop prospects than Danny Espinosa?

Tim Beckham. But you're right, it's a very weak group.